Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 23, 2010

Assembly complete, well nearly

I managed to get the main part of the patio storage box put together, but can't get the hinge straps attached. The whole thing was made difficult by the fact that the plastic pieces bowed slightly, I guess from sitting in the box, and it wasn't easy to make all the ends meet properly. Everything just snaps together. I wish I could say it looks good, but my opinion is that it looks like a piece of crap!


I probably have put way too much stuff in it already - two tents plus poles (heavy); two air mattresses, coleman stove and lantern, and a bunch of things I've already forgotten about. I still have a few items sitting over in a back corner that I just don't dare add to the box. It is so flimsy that I'm sure the bottom of it will buckle eventually, and I imagine I will have to toss it in the trash when I move from here. But right now, it holds a lot of camping gear out of sight.

I say this every time I buy something that has to be put together, and that is "I will never again buy anything with assembly required".

The heat is really getting me down, and it isn't nearly as hot as it has been (93 right now). For some reason I'm really feeling it, and the dog seems to want to sniff everything in the hot sun - never anything under a shady tree! She needs a good brushing since she rolled around in the dry grass this afternoon - her favorite thing to do - but I'm just too tired.

In 2004 I had to have a stent implanted in a blocked artery, and I have never felt the same since then. I used to be a fireball of energy, always having to be moving and with a very high metabolism. Now I want to do very little, or just take a lot of naps. I get plenty of sleep at night (especially since I discovered earplugs) so I can't understand why I need a couple of naps during the day. I'm sure it's not going to get any better; the surgery went well and did what it was supposed to do, but I'm wondering if any readers has experienced this. I'm too young to feel this worn out.

7 comments:

  1. When I wake up, I'm still tired and I usually have at least one nap during the day unless I'm really busy. The doctor is sending me for a sleep test to see if I have sleep apnea.

    As my father-in-law used to say "youth is wasted on the young".

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Get to a doctor for a check up
    2. Turn on the dang AC for a little while and you will feel better.

    On second thought, turn on AC first & then see a dr.

    That is an order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that black patio storage box looks a lot like one of those old Russian Lada's that were on the road a few years back. I can identify with you about the lack of energy & wanting to sleep a lot. I just figure it's my extra weight that's sucking all the energy out but I don't think you have a problem with weight. Could just be the heat. I am always energized by cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the old saying, "I am too young to feel so dang old"
    You probably need a check up, at least before you go on a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the old saying, "I am too young to feel so dang old"
    You probably need a check up, at least before you go on a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think there's anything abnormal about wanting to take a nap during the day, I do it all the time. You sure managed to get a lot of stuff packed into that storage container!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gypsy, I'm older than you are & I usually wake up "rarin' to go" & full of energy most of the day so I don't know what to tell you! I suspect the heat might have something to do with your lack of energy. Hugs, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete