Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 19, 2010

"Come into my web", said the spider

For the past several mornings I have been able to see an elaborate spiderweb being spun between my patio fence and one of the bird feeders. Usually in the middle of this web is the spider, which is how I could spot it. She wasn't an ordinary black spider, but a huge, golden-colored beauty! I have room between the web and my lounger to stay clear of the web when I'm coming or going, and for some reason it doesn't seem to be there in the afternoons. It's almost like she rolls it back up until the next morning.

This morning I wasn't thinking and walked right through it. When I realized what happened I jumped to one side and the spider hurried to the other side of the web. I feel really bad about messing up her work, and hope I didn't destroy it altogether. I just wish she would rebuild it somewhere that it won't be in danger of me walking through it again.


You will probably have to click on these pictures to have any chance of seeing the web or the spider. Maybe if I'd had time to fool around with the camera or the angle I might have gotten a better picture, but I had a dog on a mission and I couldn't tarry for long.

I'm sorry that one of these pictures didn't get rotated properly. I've tried to go back and load it again after I rotated it, but it keeps going back to this version. I should probably just delete it, but oh well. As usual, the pictures show up much better if you click on them to enlarge.

The mornings here are so beautiful - around 60F. Then hell makes it's way to Sacramento and the thermometer climbs in the early afternoon. My front door is wide open in the morning hours to try to exchange the stuffy air from the day before with the cool morning air. So far it has been working pretty well.

Since I have such a problem wanting to cook (or to eat) when the weather gets very hot, I started at 10 am this morning fixing several parts of my dinner for tonight. I think all I have to do now is boil the corn on the cob, and I'm good to go. I put the dinner into the fridge to keep from going rancid so now I'll have to reheat it at suppertime. Now I just have to hope I can scrape up the energy to eat.

6 comments:

  1. If you make any changes to a photo just remember to right click it & 'SAVE' your change. Might work, might not. If you have a little water mister around just take it outside & give that web a few spritzes before you take a picture of it.....just a thought. Our humidity left overnight & we're sitting at a nice cool 68F right now. Ooooga Booooga:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! I love web photos. It's fun trying to catch it just right. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spider web photo looks great, Gypsy!! Enjoy that dinner, too - corn on the cob is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heat can really sap your strength, that's for sure. I'm not fond of temps above 80F. We get them here in Western Washington in the summer, but many tes it stays in the 70's.

    Hope your dinner reheated nicely. Corn on the cob is such a summer treat. It almost makes the heat enjoyable. No...not really...but I'm grasping at straws here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I walked into that spider web I would have been really creeped out. I know they have their place in this world, but spiders just give me the willies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just wandered onto your blog via gumo's blog, Im a new reader of his blog too. I saw your AT HIKE blog too--Ive backpacked 80 miles of the AT..starting at Amicalola Falls. My sisters, and then my son and I took 2 trips one in 1995 and one in 1996 our 1997 trip never happened as I was in a terrible car crash on the way to the airport to pick up my sister for the hike....my Mom was nearly killed so Never got a chance to do that hike we were gonna begin at Dicks Creek and cross over into NC, for another 35 miles. WE also used WES for transport..check out my weblog when you get time..
    http://www.dixxebell.com/SisterAct/sisters.html
    Some of the photos may not be showing up anymore this webpage has been up a while and been thru a few moves to different hosts and I have been unable to go over it and make all good again,,,most of the information is there tho.
    I hope you will come visit my blog sometimes.

    ReplyDelete