Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All is fine!

All is right in my world today! I was sort of surprised that I woke up feeling so great, because about midnight the people upstairs must have started watching a movie and I thought it would keep me awake. And I don't know why, because the floor is carpeted, but it sounds like someone walking across the floor in Army boots when they move around. It's not them, because it was the same way when Brandi lived there.

So I went out this morning to run some errands, and picked up some ear plugs which I will try. I can't tell them not to listen to music or to watch TV, so I'll just try to deal with it. The first night I was back from camping they started playing something that made the floor vibrate, and I don't think ear plugs would help much with that, so if they do it often I will just ask them to turn down the base. What I did was to crank up my iTunes to country music but didn't keep it like that for long because it's a childish thing to do. I am really not cut out for apartment or city living, but it is what I have right now so I'll make the best of it.

Yesterday I got a new Verizon phone as I just became eligible for a new one, of course requiring a new 2 year contract. I hadn't intended to even look at them, but was in Target looking at the iPod and got to talking with the guy who runs that department. He was terrific and when I mentioned I didn't want a lot of bells and whistles on a phone he steered me to the exact model I can live with. I think it's unofficially marketed for seniors, but that's fine with me. It has words instead of icons, and very few words at that, plus the arrows. I had no trouble raising the volume and increasing the font size! (It is an LG model).

I think I will eventually get the iPod Nano, but can't decide if I want the 8GB version, or for $25 more (at Costco) to get the 16GB model. I could probably do with 2GB but who knows how technologically adept I might become. Yeah right! I see that it also records videos, and if any readers have this feature I would appreciate a comment as to how well it works, and what do you usually use it for. I would sometimes like to record things on my travels but can't see spending the $ for a movie camera.

I stopped in at the Eye Clinic and rescheduled my appointment for a week from Wednesday, July 14th (which is also Bastille Day!). I'm resigned to waiting another week and keep telling myself that I will have a real leap in improvement of my eyesight during that week.

I hate to make this blog entry so long, but while writing it I forgot that I intended to post some pictures from the camping trip. The first one is "Riding Double"


As I always did when backpacking, the same thing happens while camping - I get really cold after eating dinner. It doesn't happen with breakfast or lunch (maybe because I eat less at those meals), but shortly after supper I just want to crawl into my sleeping bag. I had an extra sleeping bag along, one that isn't warm enough for being comfortable on cool nights, but it was sure nice to wrap around my shoulders while sitting near the campfire. The smoke from the fire was starting to blow in our direction, causing Autumn to squeeze her eyes shut, and Arianna to start puckering up to cry.


The family went down to the lake one afternoon but I was content to lie back in the lounger and look up at the trees and sky. Here is Donald and Arianna at the lake, although you can't see the lake.


And here is some of what kept me at the campsite. A photo can't do it justice.


Three sisters in a hammock:


Jeannie and Arianna in the hammock:


And this is Autie just enjoying camping:


I feel bad that I didn't get any pictures of Steve & Megan, but I guess we were always snapping pics of the kids. Next time they will have little Liam along, and no doubt we'll get plenty of photos of them!

Thanks to everyone who is still reading my blog, and also for the various comments. It seems that readership is down for most bloggers lately, and mine has fallen off by 1/3. I really don't blog for the purpose of racking up numbers, but I do appreciate those who are still reading my rants and raves, and joys once in a while!

11 comments:

  1. It's summer and people are busy. I'm just catching up with you myself. I loved the pictures of family! I can't wait to find out about your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jim and Dee. I think people are so busy during the summer they just don't spend near as much time on the computer as they do in the winter.

    Family - that's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, and many others, read your blog every day, Gypsy.
    Even Al of the Bayfield Bunch and Rick have said the same thing, that numbers are down.
    Yes, I am waiting to hear about your eyes, too. I hope all is better now.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Gypsy & don't jump overboard like I usually do whenever the blogging waters become a little choppy. Interests fluctuate & we are in the dog days of summer....not to mention a heat wave over here on the east coast. Great pics again today & my 'feelings' are with you about your overhead noise problem!! Keep on bloggin, rantin, & ravin Gypsy....what an opportunity we bloggers have to stay in touch with our feelings:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great camping pics of your family, Gypsy. Your phone sounds like the one Paulette got - no bells and whistles. As for the iPod Nano, for $25 I'd go for the extra GB because you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too look forward to you Blog every day. Keep it up.
    Nice family and nice pictures ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog. I love your pictures of family too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your blog...rant, rave or whatever!! :)

    Wonderful pics of the family camping trip. Those kids are all adorable. Beautiful sky and trees photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those family pics are delightful! Love the hammock shots too. what fun!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures of the camping trip especially the kids, lets face it the kids are what keep us feeling young. Be safe out there and Good Luck at the eye doctor, Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still here and still enjoying "traveling" along with you!

    Donna Daniel

    ReplyDelete