Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sacramento musings

As I've mentioned before, I don't go out very often. Maybe it's a good thing I don't because today when I was driving 2 miles to the grocery I thought for sure I would witness a multi-vehicle accident resulting in more than one death. I was traveling on a busy 3-lane road, and around me sped two vehicle, car A in front of truck B. The truck wanted to pass the car, but every time he started to move to the right or the left, the car would move to block him. On a couple of occasions the truck had to swerve into another lane in front of other cars just to avoid a crash but nearly causing one.

I immediately dropped back in traffic thinking it was going to get deadly. Truck B finally got around car A, and darned if he didn't pull the same stunt. Where are the police when you need them! I was happy to turn off at the grocery and let these two jokers play their games.

Thank goodness I bought some earplugs because I have to use them nearly every night. The young couple upstairs seem to be very nice but they keep strange hours, and I'm not sure if or when they work at regular jobs. He came home at 11:30 last night and I had to laugh because I could hear him hiccup and then belch all the way up the steps and after he got into his apartment. He is a slight young man but must walk with a heavy foot, and he clumped around the apartment until the girl came home about midnight.

She speaks in a very loud voice and must have been in the bar last night also. I usually can't make out what they are saying, nor do I want to, but no one could miss the fact that the lady drops the "F" word constantly. Now I really don't find the word objectionable, but I honestly think it shows a lack of creativity and good language skills if you use it more than 5 times in a sentence. Back to the couple upstairs, they turn on music or the TV very late (like 1:45 a.m.) which usually wakes me up, and I just pull the earplugs out from under the pillow where I keep them, and the peace is maintained.

And finally, it's gettng to be a joke to see my spam folder, which fills up daily with offers to buy rolex watches and most of all, drugs. If any readers feel slighted because they don't get these good offers, I can send you some. I have never erected anything except a tent or a screen house, and I don't need drugs to do that.

Tomorrow I am going to tackle putting together a storage box I bought at least a month ago for the patio. I re-read the instructions today and I think I can deal with it except for the hinged lid, but I will go as far with it as I can.

Lastly for today, I have to tell you that I have a humingbird who visits my feeder and who is the biggest show-off in the hummingbird world. When I'm sitting outside he will fly up and perch on the edge of the feeder, then back off and hover with his wings ablur, and he really puts on quite a show for me. As soon as I aim my camera he flies off, but will come back as soon as I set it down and go through the show all over again. I know I'm being teased, but by a bird?

9 comments:

  1. I don't think I could ever live in an apartment. In my daughter's old apt. she could hear the noise from upstairs when the lady opened the cutlery drawer - she used to joke she could tell if it was a knife or a fork!! I think late at night I'd be thumping on the ceiling if there was too much noise coming from upstairs. Best I live in the woods if it ever comes to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want a picture of your hummer!! And you are way more tolerant than I could be of the upstairs folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Rod & Rick on this one. I would be sooooo incensed by the stupidity, immaturity & lack of consideration & respect by those upstairs crack heads I would either have to move back into the 5th wheel or be carted off to the local looney bin in a straight jacket!! I have zero tolerance for that kind of crap & it's one of the main reasons we prefer the boondocking lifestyle when we travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A camera shy bird!

    We lived in a lower 2 storey condo years ago and the guy upstairs had a heavy walk. You could hear him climb the stairs and walk around all the time. Gordon hated it! Consequently he won't ever live in another apartment which is why we bought a house. I'd have been happy with another condo, less maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with everybody else on your upstairs neighbors. I've learned to sleep through a lot of noise - trains, trucks, regular traffic - but I couldn't handle those two. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another camera shy bird! I wish they would get over that. I hope you have better luck than I do with taking a picture.
    As for leadfeet upstairs, I would absolutely hate that. Earplugs are a good solution. It is amazing how insensitive people can be.
    You are right... where is the police when 2 idiots are fooling around ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first got out of college, I lived in an apartment that shared the bedroom wall with the newly weds next door. OMG, they were an enthusiastic "loving" couple every night!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the cure for the birds in taking their picture. Just hold the camera for long period of time, they get use to it and then you can take a LOT of pictures.

    As for the couple upstairs, that's why you rent, it won't last forever, you can move after the lease. I hate noisy upstairs neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im new to reading your blog but I feel like I know you already, we have a LOT in common, including the upstairs neighbor...I DONT have it anymore thank goodness but when i did, I was not a happy camper. I stood on my bed and gave the ceiling a good whappp with my broom...HE got quiet right away...lol Im sure up there is sounded as If I was coming thru the floor-

    ReplyDelete