Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

California State Fair

I went over to the State Fairgrounds at CalExpo this afternoon, as my granddaughter's tap dance and ballet class were featured on one of the stages. I am too tired to write a blog this evening, so I will cover it tomorrow.

Also, I realize there are a number of comments I've recently received on my blog that I need to respond to, and I promise I will get to it as soon as I can. There will be a baby shower for Steve & Meg and baby Liam on Saturday at Jeannie's house, and I will be trying to help with that, so I expect this week is going to be pretty much taken up with family stuff.

I have been having an awful time with my internet connection lately - it takes forever for anything to load, and it is usually pretty fast. I don't know if it's something in the atmosphere or in the computer, but it's driving me crazy.

I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I can understand poor internet connections driving people crazy alright. We sometimes take our high speed connection here at home for granted & it's not until we get on the road again that it sometimes can become a big issue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fighting with technology again and it's not just slow internet. I did my Dad's tax return on line and there is some security setting on my computer that won't let me print it out. It's so frustrating. If I had the slow internet to deal with on top of that I'd probably throw the stupid computer across the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim and Sandie: Some tax programs allow you to do everything on line except print it....for that you have to pay a fee. Better check it out.
    Gypsy: Consider a visit to urgent care center if there is one near you. I know several friends who do not have a regular doctor, use only urgent care when something needs attention. I agree about using the a/c at night, set the temp control around 80 or 82, but let the fan blow constantly on low speed. It may cover the noise....and it makes "white noise." If only the fan is blowing, it won't make your bill go up much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are having trouble..I am on dial up here so I expect SLOW and Im never disappointed--I hope you feel better soon--

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of thoughts, not having paid close attention to your internet set-up. If you are using a cable company supplied cable modem with wireless capabilities, give tech support a jingle (I know, boring) to see if you have your security properly set up so only you and your toys can access your service. You just might be supplying access to your neighbors iPhone, iTouches and other implements of wireless Internet activity. Secondly, if the slowness is a time-of-day issue, it may just be the hot weather has driven more folks inside and onto your suppliers servers in search of computery entertainment, hence a slowdown. That also applies if you are using the telco's DSL service, but not to as great an extent. Finally, have you added any software that checks online frequently for updates? Twitter, MySpace & Facebook servers, Google toolbar as well as a host of other, similar products -- they all check online for updates.

    Just some possibilities to check. Hope you are back up to speed, soon, in all meanings of that phrase.

    ReplyDelete