Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mostly staying home

I didn't think I would post an entry today, but decided to make this a short one. I spent late afternoon and early evening yesterday at Jeannie & Donald's house, celebrating Donald's birthday with the rest of the family. Most everyone got into the pool. As hot as the weather is I had no desire to get into the water.

It was getting to be the last light of day around 9 p.m. and I realized I'd better drive home while there was still some light left. I just about made it; there is a big difference in what I don't see in the dark! One thing I'm noticing is a very slight improvement in my eyesight, day by day, although nearly imperceptible. I'll happily take improvement in tiny doses, and maybe in 5-1/2 weeks the doctor will pronounce me fit to rejoin the human race!

The heat continues and the hotter it gets, the less I want to cook or eat. I should be eating more, but just can't stand the thought of having to cook anything. I'd even think about eating out, but the two trips I have to make outdoors with the dog every day are enough to make me run for the cover of my much cooler apartment. I'm still not having to use the A/C, and with temps of 101 the last couple of days, that is pretty good. It probably gets up to around 80 inside, so the 20 degree difference really makes a difference. I have to find a cooler place to live next summer.

7 comments:

  1. Gypsy, why in the world would you want to "rejoin the human race"? Things are a total mess - stay where you are for pete's sake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware of your departure from the human race! Did I miss that post?

    Glad the eyesight is coming along!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I sure hope your eye straightens out soon and you can get your new glasses.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love that word "improvement". And you really need to eat something - fruit is really good when the weather is so hot. (I definitely don't have your problem.) I eat whether it's cold or hot or raining or sunshine or if I'm sick or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you're not using the AC! I may not feel like cooking, but I sure continue to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe if you use the a/c you would feel better. The heat really zaps my energy, don't know how you are standing it! It is hot here in Ky. too, heat index of 105. Maybe there really is something to that global warming thing!

    BHart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turn your A/C on! Be comfortable.The heat would kill me, and I am used to it!

    ReplyDelete