Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Moving along!

I managed to get a shower this morning in preparation for a trip to the doctor.  i also managed to get dressed, although if any of you ladies have a suggestion on getting a bra hooked with just one hand I'd sure like to know.  what an ordeal!  it probably took me 10 full minutes but i finally did it.

jeannie came by last night and must have obtained a refil for my pain meds as she brought me another bottle.  I honestly dont know how i am going to get through several weeks of this, but i will.  I'm starting to get a bit of stomach distress from the meds, even though i always take them with food.

it looks like i might be living in a dangerous neighborhood!  My niece who lives across the way from me told me that  her 18 yr old son broke his foot yesterday and is in a cast.  Two accidents so close, is too close for comfort.

I think I am going to look for someone to walk rocky every morning, which should help his disposition.  Jeannie walks him on the evenings she comes over, but at his age and weight he needs more exercise and I absolutely cant help him, at least until i can get this cast off.  I cant even throw a ball for him to chase. 

GREAT NEWS!  I just got back from the doctor, and the xrays taken show my arm to be healing very well.  In two weeks they will cut part of the cast away - the part that is on my elbow and upper arm.  that will improve my mobility.  they gave me an Rx for a stronger pain med, so i hope it will take away the constant pain.  Maybe i will even be able to eat more!

2 comments:

  1. To mad about your nephew but kids are able to heal faster than us older folks.
    But that is great new that nothing more but for you to heal and that seems to be going well for you. And in 2 weeks reducing the size of the cast will be a wonderful thing for you.
    I know you dont like ice cream(jk) but maybe some with your pills will help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream! That is a great idea, but the sound of an ice cream container coming out of the freezer wakes Rocky from a deep sleep, so I'll have to share1

      Delete