Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Awful weather

It is 7pm and still 100 degrees!  I think I'm still in Sacramento, but I'm beginning to wonder!

Things haven't changed much for me, except that today, nearly 4 wks from the day of my accident, is the first day I've been able to do without anything for pain.  I'm still in pain but it isn't as severe as it was, and it's certainly not worth taking pain meds, with all their side effects.  I am thinking about having a scotch & water this evening to celebrate, although I'll admit that scotch isn't as tempting as it would normally be.

Rocky is absolutely "drop-dead gorgeous" after his grooming session yesterday.  Jeannie drove us there and someone came out to get Rocky, and delivered him back to us about 3 hrs later.  His coat is clean and shiny, and he smells so good!  He wouldn't let them touch his nails though, and I think I will have to take him to a vet who will sedate him and get it done.  I had given him something prior to the appt., but it didn't do the job!

While Rocky was being spiffed up, we drove to a mall in Folsom that has a number of stores that bring your order out to the car and even put it into the trunk for you - Whole Foods being one and Total Beverage being another.  We also got the same drive up service at Target,  What a way to shop.  And while we were waiting at total beverage, we watched an Old Navy store nearby that is having a going-out-of-business sale.  People were lined up outside and way down the sidewalk, maintaining 6' apart, and having to wait until someone left the store so they could let another one in.  It was all very orderly and all wore a mask.  I could only shake my head at what has happened to our way of life.  Of course you always have the people walking around with no mask, but most people understand what could be at risk.

Being in such pain has completely taken my appetite away.  Jeannie fixed several meals for me that I can pull out of the fridge. so I shouldn't starve.  It's just that I don't feel like eating.  It's a shame that I don't feel like drinking either!

4 comments:

  1. It's supposed to be under 100 the rest of the week. Fingers crossed! I wonder if in addition to your injury, the heat is affecting your appetite? It affects mimen.

    Have you tried a bevel tool for Rocky's nails? My dog really disliked getting his nails trimmed so I got a bevel tool off AMazon and we built up really slowly to using it. FIrst I would turn it on so he could get use to the sound and give him a little treat. I would do this after brushing him so it became a habit for him: brush-hear bevel tool - treat. Then we added in touching it to his foot with the non bevel end, just so he could get use to the vibration: brush - touch tool to foot - treat. Then I started touching the tool to one nail for about 5 seconds with treat immediately after. Now we do the full routine twice a week and he isn't afraid of it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
      Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
      including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
      Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
      500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
      forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
      any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
      contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
      IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
      ORGANIZATION

      Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

      Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
      Email : join666cult@gmail.com

      BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
      BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
      THANKS...

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean it is 11:41 p.m. Central Time and it is still 96 degrees outside.

    Glad Mr. Rocky is smelling wonderful...too bad he did not let them groom his nails.

    I wish I had your problem of not wanting to eat but when you are in pain sometimes that happens. Though not wanting to drink an adult beverage? Nope...that has never happened to me and I hope it never does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet just getting out to drop off Rocky and then drive to the stores even though you didn't get was real treat. I really need to get out and at least drive around so it seems like a release from the house.

    ReplyDelete