Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 6, 2020

A Quick Hello

I just wanted to give a quick hello and to say I'm still here.  Still in pain, but having a bad time with reactions to the pain meds.  I am not surprised, and under most circumstances I wouldn't be taking a strong drug for this long.

I hate looking at the weather forecast as it seems like we will be hovering around 100 degrees for a long while.  I'm watering the tomato plants and pulling them up when there are no more little tomatoes or flowers appearing.  I had such high hopes for the garden, but I also had high hopes for the summer.

Jeannie booked an appointment for a complete grooming for Rocky.  I am going to give him something for sedation, and hope they will at least trim his claws for the minimum.  If it works I will try to take him weekly until they can get the nails under control.

Take care and I'll try to check in now and then.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Sure wish you could stand the pain pills. I hate that you're suffering. Good luck with the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry this happened to you....hard enough to suffer through the heat without pain thrown in. It is hot and humid in Ontario also...
    My daughter has to medicate her Daschund for nail trims too...he sometimes wears his thundershirt to the appointment & it has helped creep him calm. I have to get my little dog in for her wellness check soon....she is showing signs of Cushing disease. Good Luck with Rocky's grooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you didn't pull the Tomato Plants out too early because they normally have more then one crop.
    Professional Pet Groomers should be able to control Rocky without any sedation.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the plants are dying beyond saving, and I really shouldn't even be walking outside much less in the garden.

      I've been trying to find a good gr groomer for Rocky.

      Delete
  4. Hope the pain goes away soon. Our tomato plants don’t have very Many tomatoes either. Lots of foliage which I think is a sign of too much nitrogen. I wanted to make and can lots of spaghetti sauce but I guess that is not going to be. Good luck with Rocky’s toe nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't kidding about the ice cream with your pills. You really need to eat when taking strong pain pills I know you don't feel like eating but that will help with stomach issues from the pills.

    Some dogs just don't like groomers and no matter how good the groomer is they can't always handle a large dog.Sometimes even small dogs can be a problem. You know Rocky best and if you think he needs meds to calm him down by all means give him them. Good luck with this new groomer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with JO, you need to take your pain pills with food or you will have stomach issues as well as constipation. My mother had to through that when she had her back problems as well as when she fell and tore up her leg.

    I hope Rocky likes his groomer and that they can trim his nails to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gypsy, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this severely broken arm. I pray that the cast and pain time goes quickly. Hopefully, it will stop hurting soon.
    As a retired groomer, I would love to help you with Rocky, but we are too far apart. But just be so grateful that you have him. I miss my doggie every day.
    Happy Trails and Tails, Penny (now in a senior apartment in Navasota, TX)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have Rocky, but he is totally at fault in my injury, or is it that I'm at fault for not training him better.

      Delete