Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 30, 2018

My voice!

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, but since I had no other symptoms I just figure it is from spending so much time outdoors yesterday (which I am definitely not used to).   There might or might not be a connection, but the chemtrails took over the sky yesterday.

This morning my throat didn't hurt but I haven't been feeling all that great.  Since I don't talk to myself, I had no idea I was losing my voice.  It now sounds so weird!

I tried to find some self-help online,  and mixed up a glass of warm water with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, a bit of salt, and a few dashes of cayenne pepper.  I feel silly talking out loud to myself but a few hours later I wanted to see if I have any of my voice left, and found that indeed I don't have much of it.  Tomorrow I've arranged to take all the family to Straw Hat pizza, which I like to do when we are all together, but I hate to be in a crowd especially since I really don't know what is wrong with me - if it's just from air pollution then I can't spread it.    I sound like a teen-aged boy whose voice is changing!  Any good vibes you can send my way will be much appreciated!

9 comments:

  1. Allergies are rampant over here these days. Crazy voices all over the town from the allergy drainage onto the vocal chords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had anything like this before now and I sure don't like it! Hope you're ok.

      Delete
  2. My art teacher had the same problem last week. Hers has developed into a horrible cough. She finally went to the dr who said it is allergies--take otc meds for allergies. A week later, she is still hoarse. remember this is Fresno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once in a while I take a Benadryl, although if I take it regularly I get an erratic heart beat. So I try to avoid it but have no experience with any other allergy meds. I guess I'll probably suffer through it.

      Delete
  3. I always lose my my voice when I get a sore throat. But mine is usually part of a cold rather than allergies. Gargling with warm salt water always helps me. And at night, a drink of Nyquil does wonders. I don't take the full dose, just enough to soothe my throat. Hope you feel better by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try gargling with warm salt water today and see if it helps. I have taken Nyquil and don't have any on hand. If it doesn't get better I might ask the pharmacist if she can recommend something I don't need a prescription for.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say I have NEVER taken Nyquil.

      Delete
  4. Sending good vibes for a return of your voice. Good idea to ask a pharmacist. I talk to myself out loud all the time. So much it's a wonder I don't lose my voice from it. It's just part of my many little old lady sydrome (LOLS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending good vibes your way! Hope you were able to make it to Straw Hat Pizza...sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete