Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 15, 2018

A New Life!

I'm not sure how long the enthusiasm will last, but for now I'm planning the future.  Nothing big, but I'm going to get outdoors more, for one thing.  I've been texting with my son Steve, who will help me get the yard in order if the rain ever stops!

I have a small back yard with small rocks rather than grass.  We might pull up all that rock and spread it along the very narrow side yard, and plant grass in the back.  I asked him if he would build me a small box-like structure that I can plant a few tomato plants - I may expand but right now all I can think of is one or two tomato plants.   I would also like a small lemon tree, and maybe a tangerine tree along the back fence.

I'll have to take it little by little and see if I continue to feel better.  I can't believe I'm actually back to the stage where I can see a future and want to make plans for it.  If the rain ever stops and we get a sunny day, I'm going to take a photo - a "before" - so that I can compare it to "after"!

12 comments:

  1. So nice to hear how good you're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving hearing of your plans for the future along with your positive attitude... Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope I can accomplish something for a change.

      Delete
  3. You sound so enthusiastic and positive. Glad your son is going to help you tackle the yard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not getting my hopes up so high I might be disappointed. I still want to replace the kitchen flooring and put in a new fridge (maybe a dishwasher?). Unfortunately, I can't do much of it myself.

      Delete
  4. I am so Happy to read that you are feeling Perky! I too would love to have a couple of tomato plants and may a squash plant or two. Its great to know you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will really enjoy it if I hold myself back from planting too much!

      Delete
  5. It will be great to go out in your back yard and pick some fresh fruit. That sounds like a good plan to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, being able to see a future and make plans for it is the core of happiness. Love the idea of tomatoes and fruit trees in your backyard. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time but never thought I'd feel good enough again to try it. Now things are looking up a bit. Because I have to rely on help from my kids, and they have families that come first, things don't always happen at my convenience. That's ok with me.

      Delete