Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 9, 2018

Getting better by the day!

I don't know where I made the turn, but life is certainly getting better.  I actually did quite a bit of housekeeping today in addition to walking about a mile.  My muscles ache this evening and I don't know if because I went to the gym yesterday evening after walking in the morning, and then walking again this morning, or if it's just that I'm not used to house cleaning!  I tend to flit around going from one room to another, but made myself stick to one room until it was finished.  I'm actually just keeping up with what Jeannie started two weeks ago.

I hate the thought of another time change this weekend.  Hooray for Florida deciding enough is enough.  Of course they are way more south than where I live, so they get more sunlight to the day than I do.  It really doesn't matter to me if I have an extra hour of sunlight and I'd much rather not have to go through 2 weeks of adjustment twice a year.

I made tacos for my dinner this evening and have eaten two of them, and thinking about going for a third!  They are soft  tacos and just a bit larger than crispy shell tacos.  I think I'll slice up an apple (and maybe squirt some whipped cream on the slices), and peel a tangerine or two, and have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. 

Now I'm stuffed and would like to go lie down on the couch for a few minutes, although I know I'd probably soon be asleep.

I just hope my recovery keeps getting better and I can do more.  I have a lot of decluttering to do, and am committed to doing at least some each day.

I hope you are enjoying your day wherever you are.  

7 comments:

  1. Of course you're getting better! You're in recovery and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, but will be relieved when the doctor says I've recovered.

      Delete
  2. I so wish I could do some real decluttering but my mother does not share my desire. She still has the coat I wore when I was seven years old not to mention my dad's clothes and he died almost two decades ago!

    I had no idea Florida decided to forgo Daylight Savings...good for them! Wish Texas would do the same but I wont hold my breath on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hold on to a lot of things, especially paperwork, because I think I might need to keep it. I should know better and am trying little by little to get rid of it. It has become an almost impossible task! The one think I'm going to keep in a large envelope or box are all the little love notes my grandchildren leave for me. Jeannie even found a rock that was painted with the words "Grandma, I love you". I will never throw it away!

      I wish more states would get rid of changing the clocks, although I can understand people in the northern states wanting a bit more daylight. I'm about in the middle of the country and couldn't care less about having an extra hour of daylight. It must cause a lot of disruption in the workplace as people can't just switch their internal clocks all that fast. That means productivity is lost twice a year, and how much is actually increased due to the time change.

      Delete
  3. Sure wish I could get excited about cleaning. I have enough energy but lack the will even as bored bored bored as I am here lately. Really NOT looking forward to the darn time thing. I just HATE IT! I was really excited about Florida saying enough is enough until the New York Times informed me they can't do it. Time is set by the Feds who allow you to exempt OUT of Daylight Savings Time but not out of Standard Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't care which way they exempted out, but I wish CA would stay on one time only. As far as Florida, I don't know what the heck would be the difference since you'd be out of sync half the year one way or another. I don't think the people ever had a vote on it, did they? It was pushed through by business and recreation interests.

      Delete