Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Rain, rain, rain!

I  don't mind the rain so much as the heavy winds we've had the past few days.  I'm just so glad it is cool.  When I look at some of the rest of the country and what they are dealing with, I feel that I have it pretty good.

I'm getting used to reading on the Nook that I got for Christmas, but I think I really prefer holding a book.   Jeannie tweaked a few things on it today - gave me a space between lines which makes it much easier to read.  She also enlarged the print a bit more, and showed me how I can adjust it.  I wish the library carried more books with enlarged print, but I will read what I can for as long as I can.  There are several books I want to purchase for the Nook, but I need some help for a while to do things like that.  I thought it would be a snap to use, and I guess it will become easier the more I use it.  It has way more capabilities than I need or want and actually can be used the same as a smart phone with tons of options.  I just want simple!  Is that asking too much?  I'm sure I've complained about this before, so please forgive me for harping on it.  It is depressing when I realize that things that used to be intuitive now take me a while to figure out.  So I get irate and discouraged and usually end up saying "the hell with it!"

I'll be very glad to have it if and when I make the trip to NY by train in a few months.  I need to get a memory card for it so I can load it up with books to read enroute.   I had set a tentative date to leave but saw that my calendar  has doctors'  appointments that are sprinkled throughout the spring.  I need to get the current issues out of the way, as well as seeing the cardiologist before I take off.  I was worried that I was having slight chest pains, but they've gone away and I think I must have done some exercise that caused it.  Every now and then I get determined to exercise more, but my good intentions end up on that paved road that leads to you know where! 

Please excuse my ramblings - one of these days I'm going to do something fun to write about!



6 comments:

  1. The weather is all over the place in the country this weekend. We could sure use your rain though.

    I am sure you will master that Nook by the time you get on that train to NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd send you some of our rain if I could! You have more faith in my mastering the Nook than I have, but I'm determined to figure it out.

      Delete
  2. Is there a way to bookmark where you left off reading so you can pick up where you left off? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is supposed to remember the page I left off and usually does. However, because I have enlarged the print (and therefore increased the number of pages) it sometimes returns me a couple of pages off. Knowing that, I just go back a couple of pages to the beginning of the chapter or section I left off from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are planning to get out and about. A train to New York sounds like FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I will deal with it this time. I've always enjoyed the trip, SO I'll probably love it now. I plan to spend more time in the observation car than I have in the past! It's a beautiful country.

      Delete