Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 12, 2018

Wearing myself out!

I've been much more active the past few days and my poor old bones are now feeling it!  Jeannie came yesterday and continued with decluttering my house.  My trash and recycling bins are full and I can see a big difference already, although there is so much more to do as we haven't yet scratched the surface.  How can one sane woman accumulate so much crap!

I went to Costco this morning but didn't enjoy it much.   It was nice in that it wasn't too crowded, but I was shocked at how much prices have gone up in the 2 weeks I haven't been there.   They've gone up in the supermarket as well, so I think it's universal.  I think I was too tired from all the activity and standing I did yesterday to be able to enjoy walking around the store, and few items really appealed to me today.

I found a new beer at Costco, a pilsener brewed in Berkeley, CA, and am now just sampling it (Trumer Pils).  I really like it and am always happy to support local products when I can.  I've been enjoying a bottle of Sam Adams several days a week, and I think I'll alternate it with the Trumer from Berkeley!

Yesterday and today have been really gorgeous days, sunny and hitting 70 degrees.  Tomorrow and all the way to the end of the week will be in the upper 50's with mostly rain.  I don't mind the rain except for the bumber crop of grass & weeds.  The Park Weed Police have already been warning about house & lot inspections coming up, but I'm not going to worry much about the weeds & grass until we get a decent break from the rain.

I will stop here, and just enjoy my Trumer Pils!
 



 

8 comments:

  1. I've been trying to clean out my closet. Like you I can't believe how much stuff I have. It multiplies all by itself. We've already had to spray weeds down here. With the little bit of rain we've had you would think the stupid things wouldn't grow. Enjoy your refreshments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was only my closet! Every nook and cranny in my house is filled to the brim with crap, and I don't know how it all got there because I can't understand how it all got accummulated. If I could just make the paper disappear - I thought computers were supposed to make our lives paper free. The trouble is that I don't trust computers so I need a hard copy. I have a good excuse for every category of crap!

      Delete
  2. "How can one sane woman accumulate so much crap!"

    I ask myself that question every day!

    I treat myself to a celebratory beer every time the Spurs win. They are on a downward spiral so no telling when I will be able to have a nice cold one. Have one for me :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying a Sam Adams right now! I hope your Spurs have an upward trend soon.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Gypsy, we finally won this evening! I am enjoying a nice cold beer right now :)

      Delete
    3. That is wonderful and makes me smile! Hope they can keep it up, so better have plenty of beer on hand!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you continue to feel better. Clutter drives me nuts. I married a pack rat. It's a problem especially in a small space like a motor home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I survived my 3 yrs living in a 5th wheel. I had a large cabinet that I could throw things in, but I remember keeping it fairly neat (at least it was to me). I often think of that when I see what I have now and wonder where it all came from.

      Delete