Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Good News For Me!

It felt like the day would never come, but yesterday was my eagerly awaited doctor's appointment.  She is extremely pleased with my progress and the improvement I've shown already.  Evidently the Rituxan will continue to work for several months to a year.   So I'm feeling great, my energy levels continue to improve, and I sure am happy about that.

The doctor said, however, that things could change and explained what additional treatments might be required.  She mentioned several options including chemotherapy which I immediately and categorically reject.  I won't ever do chemo.   She wasn't saying that I would ever need additional treatment, but to be honest I guess the possibility will always exist that I might need something else.  I'm fine with that knowledge and will hope for the best, which is total recovery!

I don't think I ever doubted that the prognosis would be good, but to tell the truth, in the last week I must have been more tense than I realized.  So I'm very glad to be able to have hope that I've seen the worst of it and that I can get some semblance of my life back.  I have to return for blood tests and consultation with the doctor on a quarterly basis.  When I mentioned that I am trying to fit in a trip to NY and PA, hopefully in June, she immediately told me I could return for my first update in 4 months, so I won't be going back until the end of July. 

Thanks to everyone who expressed good wishes for my recovery.   I'm convinced that good and positive thoughts absolutely work

On another subject, Mike and his family are here for the week.  They, along with Joe and his two girls, are at Lake Tahoe snowboarding.   Yesterday we got a text that Joshua (who will be 12 in June) broke his finger.  They sent a few photos and it looks like he won't be using his right hand for a while.   I don't know how he will do in school since he is right-handed, but he is resourceful and will figure out a way.   The pictures from the morning show the 4 kids in the outdoor heated pool, and then another one with them bundled up from the cold, waiting for the ski lift!

I'm off to the grocery.   Thank goodness for my great appetite - I'm trying to eat healthy and I'm sure it makes a difference.

16 comments:

  1. Love the great news. You are going to have so much fun on your trip east. Kids are so adaptable with broken bones Joshua won't have any problems. Now me, if I broke a finger I couldn't do anything. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do anything either, and I've doing nothing for so long now that I'm bored with it, haha.

      Delete
  2. That is good news. I was glad to see your post as when there hadn't been one for quite a few days, I thought something might be wrong. Glad that wasn't the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I mentioned above, I think I was pretty tense about waiting for the results.

      Delete
  3. Really sounds like thing are going in the right direction for you! So glad you are doing well:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you and all readers who are sharing my hope and joy on things looking up!

      Delete
  4. You sound up beat here and I can see why. Glad to hear all you need are wide spaced follow ups. Isn't it nice to feel good again? Sure wish I could eat like you do. I'm hungry all the time and if I eat whenever I want to, I can't wear any of my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very relieved. I think I mentioned some of my pants are getting more snug.

      Delete
  5. That is fabulous news Gypsy...Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. B. It feels good to be feeling good again.

      Delete
  6. Whooooohooooo! Life is so fragile. Make it a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Barney. I'm very happy to be feeling better every day.

      Delete
  8. So very happy to hear your good news. Positive thoughts and prayers will continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much. That is what is helping me to get well so quickly.

      Delete