Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 1, 2017

Some days you can't win!

As you may remember, I've been searching for the pieces of my broken Serengeti sunglasses.  I about decided to try to find a new pair, when this morning I came across them!  I knew if I had patience they would eventually show up.

After walking at the gym I took the glasses to an optical repair shop near my house, but couldn't figure out why the door was locked.  It dawned on me when I read their business hours on the door - Tues through Sat.  So I'll go back tomorrow.

While driving to the gym I was lamenting my suffering of heartburn/indigestion, which I thought I had cured with the probiotics.  It hit me like a ton of bricks that I knew the answer.  Last night I looked online for foods that cause heartburn and chocolate tops the list!  I have become addicted to dark chocolate, and just about every evening while I'm sitting and playing with my computer, I munch on chocolate chips as well as gourmet chocolate squares.  No wonder I've been suffering!!

Starting this minute I'm going to avoid chocolate for a while and see if it helps.   The evenings are so long for me, especially if I succumb to a daytime nap, and I snack & use the computer.  Gotta stop both - I notice the beginning pangs of carpel tunnel syndrome now and then. 

14 comments:

  1. Can you snack on nuts instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat nuts every day, mostly walnuts with my breakfast fruit. For some reason I got on a chocolate kick and didn't realize the damage it could cause when I overdid it.

      Delete
  2. Or maybe popcorn? I have pangs when I use the cell phone too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever tasted "zebra popcorn"? It is regular popcorn that has a carmelized coating and stripes of chocolate on each piece. It is to die for, but I knew I was overdoing it so after I finished the bag I refuse to buy any more.

      Delete
  3. So glad you found your glasses. I've been eating raisins and dark chocolate chips as "dessert" but I don't have any heartburn, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very little self-control and nibble on them all evening long!

      Delete
  4. Painting art projects does not cause carpel tunnel syndrome. (HINT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking the same thing, and I wonder if down deep I'm afraid of starting again. I have my subject in mind - just have to do the work now.

      Delete
  5. Sure happy you found your glasses now to see if they can fix them. Good luck.
    It will be interesting to see if the chocolate is the problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sure that the chocolate is at least contributing to the problem.

      I am so happy to find those glasses and just hope they can be fixed. They are expensive and you can't find that style these days - the newer styles are awful - so I want to keep my old ones if I can.

      Delete
  6. I had very bad heartburn problems and about a year ago I gave up all chocolate and I can tell you for sure that it has made a big difference for me. I ate a lot of chocolate before and never dreamed it was causing me so much distress. I also gave up caffeine about that same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sounds as if chocolate is causing me the problem as well, and I thank you for sharing your experience. As for coffee, I have been drinking coffee since I was 14 and have vowed I will never give it up because I find it one of the most enjoyable and relaxing times of my day. I think I'll be ok with the coffee because it has never bothered me in my lifetime, but the excessive chocolate has just been fairly recent. I really overdid it, and I do think it is addicting.

      Delete
  7. I also love dark chocolate. It is just sooooo goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's also good for you, but in moderate amounts. I overdid it.

    ReplyDelete