Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Worst day

If yesterday was the slowest, then I hope this is the worst it gets!  I was in the dentist chair for a long time.  Molars often break and don't come out in one piece, and one of them gave him a very hard time.  I ended up with sutures which I think is what is causing the pain once the novocaine wore off.  So far I'm doing ok with Advil (and sleeping) and he told me if I needed something stronger he would prescribe it.  I probably should have gone ahead and accepted the Rx but I want to see if I can get along without it.  I've only been able to eat a spoon or two of ice cream now and then, so far.  I'm hungry but no way hungry enough to bother fixing anything and trying to drink it.  I may make a milkshake in a little while.

I stayed at Jeannie's house until I was sure I could drive after taking a valium early this morning.  I did fine and the traffic was surprisingly light on the way home.  

The sun is shining and I should be doing laundry or something productive, but it looks like sun for the rest of the week so I'll take my time.

So, the gypsy might be down but definitely not out!  At least at this present moment.  Hope you are all having a good day.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you have it over with. Hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy your title had me worried. Wish you'd taken the prescription so you'd have it on hand if you need it. wishing you rapid healing and delicious milk shakes. And most of all, I hope this solves the problems you've been having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a terrific milkshake - best I've had in years!

      Living alone you have to think twice about taking a medicine that does strange things to your mind (and balance). Right now I'm feeling pretty good, but I'm sure it will hurt again when the Advil wears off.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the recovery. The Teams will be waiting for your next posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a faulty start, things are looking much better now. I know the injection sites will be giving me pain for the next couple of weeks, but I can deal with that.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the club - I spent today in the dentist's chair too. It sounds like you had what I had during my last extraction - tooth coming out in pieces and then stitched up. That's called a "surgical extraction." I didn't want an Rx, but did take 2 Ibuprofen 2 or 3 times a day for TWO WEEKS! I have a high pain tolerance, and I couldn't believe it took that long to stop hurting. Now, of course, after prepping for two crowns for my 3 crown bridge, it's hurting again and I just took 2 Ibuprofen.

    Oh, well, Gypsy, we'll be over this soon and it will be forgotten. Right? LOL

    Take care... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good if you can take all that ibuprofen. More than just a few and I get fluttery feelings in my heart, so it scares me. That's why I try to avoid all meds when I can, but as you know these extractions make it necessary to take something. Good luck to you - it is ironic we're going through this stuff at the same time.

      Delete
  5. Hope tomorrow is a better day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear that is is done. Be careful of using a straw after your extractions. You need the blood to clot to heal. Sucking on a straw with make the clots not stay there. Oops I am doing it again (mothering you) , sorry lol. Heal quickly Gypsy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always open to advice. The dentist issues a page of do's and don't after surgery, and one of the items is to not use a straw. So I won't do it!

      Delete