Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, December 16, 2016

Ready for the drive downtown!

I will leave in a few minutes to pick Jeannie up and take her downtown to her appointment.  I was worried about the drive but decided I'm going to stay off the freeway and I'll take the road I know well.

After the horrendous rain  yesterday we have had beautiful sunshine all day, but the air is chilly, and of course, my house is like a freezer!

I hope you all have a great weekend.  If you're like me, you still have last minute gifts to buy (probably gift cards for a few of them).   There is probably no way to avoid the holiday crowds, so I tell myself to just call up all the patience I can muster and not get upset over anything!  Think it will work?

UPDATE:
I'm back and will have to say the trip over in the receding sunlight was worse than the trip back in the dark.  I didn't get on a freeway, and Jeannie used a GPS app on her phone to zero us into our final destination.  She is going to use this chiropractor that a lot of people she works with use and really like.  The place had good vibes and I think she will like it.

I didn't bother with the step counter today as I knew within 15 minutes of putting it on that it was not accurate.  I think I will focus on the steps I take on the treadmill.  1.6 miles this morning, and I'm aiming for 2 miles every day.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back safe and sound to your comfort zone. Friday and holiday shoppers can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to stay pretty close to home this weekend, and I'll enjoy not fighting the crowds. Hope you can do the same.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to find your way through the "back way". Receding sunlight is the worst, even before I developed my eye problems it was tough to drive in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make matters worse my windows are filthy on the inside, and when a little sunlight hits them I can't see a thing ahead of me.

      Delete
  3. Glad both you and Jeannie like the chiropracter. A good one is worth their weight in gold. So sorry to hear your stepper isn't accurate. IF you ever decide to get another, get an Omron, easy to program, no bells and whistles, accurate counts and lasts for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people she works with just love this chiropractor, and she never did feel comfortable with the one I go to. Everyone there seemed happy and friendly, laughing and talking, just like old friends. My place is somewhat friendly but I really don't know any of the other patients even though I might have a short conversation with them. Jeannie's place is more like neighborhood gathering of good people. I think I'll probably give up on pedometers as I haven't found one yet that works on me since the early-mid 1990's. I can feel the difference in my health since I'm striving for just 2 miles a day, and I hope to eventually go higher than than. When the weather warms up I could go to the gym in the morning and walk at Mather Field or at a park in the afternoon.

      Delete