Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Slow Sunday

Autumn wrapped the gifts for the boys in NY so I could get them in the mail tomorrow morning, but I had neglected to buy gift cards.   I thought I might stop to buy some on my way home from the gym, but once I was headed toward home the car wouldn't turn into the shopping center!   So I made my own name tags!   The wreath turned out the best and the Christmas tree looks like a Charlie Brown model.   I don't like to admit it but it was the last tag I did and I didn't spend much time on it.


Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Every time I do any kind of project involving art indicates to me I need to buy something for the next time.  In this case I have a red and green fine-point sharpie, plus a black ink pen, but I think I need a full set of colors in fine point.  I used my watercolor pencils for the tree ornaments and they don't look as good as if I had used sharpies.   I will buy some "real" name tags next time I'm in a store.

I found a Priority Mail box and the gifts fit perfectly when cushioned with a little bit of bubble wrap.  The box is sealed, addressed, and ready to go.  

I could have easily (well, not that easily) walked two miles today but had a problem with the machine.  There is a dinky safety button that is supposedly held by magnet in a certain spot.  The button has a long cord - I guess if you had a problem you could just yank the cord and the machine would stop, but I had no problem and for some reason it stopped abruptly.  That reset the machine so I had to start all over again and add the numbers, as well as keep those numbers in my mind as I don't bring anything to write with.  I gave up at 1.51 miles and will try for 2 tomorrow.  I was really on a roll and who knows where I would have stopped!

Can't think of anything else except things to gripe about, and I'm in too good a mood to want to gripe!  I'll wish everyone a good week ahead, and say goodnight!

 

15 comments:

  1. Your way ahead of me on the gifts I still have bought zero gifts. Hope I can get a move on this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to get something done, and hate putting everything off until the last week.

      Delete
  2. That cord on the treadmill is supposed to have a clip on the end to connect to your clothing. It's a safety measure. If you happen to fall the magnet will be pulled loose and the belt stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have a clue about it - no wonder the magnet doesn't hold it all that tight. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. I love your handmade tags and would never buy new ones if I could make those. The tree us actually my favorite. I've had my gifts for weeks. They go in the mail today. I hate the crowds so I shop before black and blue Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I went back and looked closer and that wreath is amazing. The bow is so real. Boy do I wish I could do that.

      Delete
    2. Well I went back and looked closer and that wreath is amazing. The bow is so real. Boy do I wish I could do that.

      Delete
    3. "I love your handmade tags and would never buy new ones if I could make those." My sentiment exactly

      Delete
    4. Well thank you! I tried several subjects and the candy cane was impossible, so I did the tree instead. It's a pathetic tree and I should have done it over.

      Delete
    5. The wreath was actually pretty easy to have turned out so well. I found a youtube site that was created to teach kids how to make their own gift tags. I figured that's the category I should start in, although a lot of kids are way more talented than I am!

      Delete
  4. I love your handmade tags and would never buy new ones if I could make those. The tree us actually my favorite. I've had my gifts for weeks. They go in the mail today. I hate the crowds so I shop before black and blue Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are really great.. Nice job and I'm sure they will be more liked than the usual ones available at the store. You have a talent.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It was fun drawing them but not so much coloring them.

      Delete
  6. "buy some "real" name tags next time... "
    I think the handmade ones are so perfect, every one of them; save the money for they are immediately trashed anyway. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the kids will trash these all the same as if they were "store bought". It was fun doing them though.

      Delete