Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A visit

I don't know why an empty blog post published prematurely, but with the combination of the computer, Google, Blogger, and dumb luck, it messes with me constantly.  I think I caught it in time to delete it before anyone saw it and wondered what's wrong with me.

I got to visit with my son Steve and his kids Liam and Quinn for a couple of hours today.  Meg had her 6 wk checkup near where I live, so Steve brought the kids by and we had a wonderful visit.  I held Quinn off and on, until she started fussing too much, and then handed her over.  It's so nice to be able to do that.  Hold 'em when they are being calm and happy, and give them back to their parents when they need something!

Other than that I haven't done much today, nor do I plan to do anything except maybe finish my painting of the oranges.  I just need to do a background color, although I think it looks perfectly fine on a plain white background.  What is the reason for the background, anyway?  I might just not do it!

So what do you think?   I drew the big orange first, and as you can see my vision had me painting it way to the right side of the canvas.  I drew another partial oranges next to it on the left so it wouldn't look so lopsided, so it just sits there looking unnecessary!   Does it really need a background in the color opposite orange on the color wheel, which is what I've always been told?  This would mean a blue background, and if I do it I will make it a light blue.  But I sort of like it as it is.   Comments and criticism welcome!  Click on the picture to enlarge it.


I guess I do need some shadowing but I'm afraid I will mess it up, as I always do when trying to put a shadow into the picture.   It's important though, and I know I should do it.

I hope everyone has recuperated from the holiday by now, and ready to take on New Year's Eve.  It's been so long since I've gone out to celebrate New Year's that I've forgotten what it's like.  I don't know that I've stayed up until midnight the past few years!  Now that's called getting old.


9 comments:

  1. In looking at the painting again on my blog, the background has sort of a blue-lavender tinge, which isn't so bad. I might do it, but it will be tomorrow when I'm not tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and it looks good to me the way it is.
    Still feeling far too full from all the Christmas food. My daughter is coming back here tomorrow for her birthday. She likes steak on the BBQ for her day...not sure I can eat much more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate more on Christmas than I usually do, but I didn't really overdo it and feel pretty good. Gotta get back to walking though.

      Delete
  3. I don't do new years eve either. Not really sure I ever did. Even as a teenager I had trouble staying awake past 10pm. Love those names Liam and Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't celebrate the new year's for very many years. It was always "too over the top" for me, although I went out probably every weekend in my single years. A lot of people act really stupid on that one night of the year.

      I love the names Liam and Quinn also. When he talks to her in a soft voice, she smiles at him like nobody else. It's darling to watch.

      Delete
  4. Nice painting...it's yours so do it your way. Happy New Year! I can't remember when we stayed up late on New Years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really kind of silly staying up just to watch the clock tick past midnight.

      Delete
  5. It is nice to have the little one around for a while and so wonderful to be able to hand them back.

    Like Bruce said it's your painting do what makes you happy with it. I think the oranges came out really nice.

    I quit going out years ago as I can't stand drunk people they really can get annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and these days I can't drink enough to not let them bother me!

      Delete