Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Checking in

It's been several days since I've posted, so I thought I would just check in.  Nothing has been new or different in my life, so I have little to write about.

The hot afternoons and early evenings are really bothering me, but it's not going to improve anytime soon.  The new pads I ordered for my cooler arrived yesterday, and I hope Steve will be able to install them on Monday.

Wildfires have been breaking out all across California, and I understand that several cars burned on a freeway because 5 hobby drones were in the air overhead.  The plane containing chemicals to put out the fire was thwarted until the drones left the area.  When will common sense prevail and drones be made illegal to fly at certain altitudes and conditions.  Why in the world would a sane person want to get in the way of firefighters and possibly cause loss of life?  To get a damn picture from their drone?

I'm really enjoying my coffee this morning because there is no reason I have to get moving.   

6 comments:

  1. I'm assuming the drones could cause damage to the helicopters if they hit one? Otherwise, the firefighters should dump a load of retardant on them and blast them out of the sky. I'm with you - what the hell is wrong with people? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The aircraft carrying the fire retardant couldn't get close enough because of the risk of they themselves being hit by the drones. There is a lot of outrage especially since it has happened before during an out of control brush fire. It will take someone dying while the drones interfere with the planes to get legislation against them, in my opinion. I don't understand how use of basically a toy is not banned in certain instances.

      Delete
  2. I'm with both of you on these stupid people and their drones. Blast them out of the sky and fine the owners for interferring. Luckily no one lost their lives for were injured.
    Hope the new pads work better for your cooler. I always bought mine at Lowe's or Home Depot.

    Waiting for more rain here but I got my shopping done really quick this morning didn't need much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw pictures of that fire on the News here on Vancouver Island. Terrible. We too are suffering from the heat. Highly unusual for this area. Never thought I would pray for rain! Hope it will not be the new normal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me to the drones are outrageous group. I have to say I'm getting a bit tired of all the "MY RIGHTS" folks. What about your RESPONSIBILITIES I'd like to ask them. Love your new header picture. That's just a stunning picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hate having to drink my coffee on the move:(

    ReplyDelete