Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 27, 2015

Aromatic trash!

I will set the trash out tonight, and mine will be the most aromatic on the block!  I looked at the many spices and flavorings I have accummulated since I've been in this house, and started emptying the bottles of those I know are old or that I'll never use again.  With each addition the aroma got better and better, and my kitchen smells like a spice shop!

The TV service I now get is terrible - the package of programs, not the picture.  Supposedly it's the family package which means that I get all the stupid old sitcoms, baby einstein programming (why would you sit your infant in front of a television in hopes he will absorb some smartness?), and all the many shopping and selling channels.  I get things like "Fat guys in the Alaskan woods", "How it's made", and "Hillbilly hand fishin' ", 
along with all the Spanish language programming.  To be fair, I told them I like to watch the science and history channels, and I can't figure out if fat guys falls into the category of science or history.  Thankfully I get the public and local channels, which gives me a better look at the news than all those 24 hr news services.

The thermometer is climbing again and we'll soon have several days of triple digit heat.  I don't know how I can deal with it.  Those guys in the Alaska woods are no doubt staying comfortable!

 

5 comments:

  1. Maybe they have a program showing glaciers that would make you feel cooler! It's true that spices really don't keep. That is another nice thing about the RV. We got rid of all the old ones and now don't do a lot of involved cooking in our tiny kitchen so we have 6 fresh herbs in pots and a few more that we use frequently so they don't get stale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something needed to be thrown away once we start looking into our cabinets. I am heading down to the triple digits tomorrow. I sure will miss these great temps on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Dish and love it. Get all the local channels and hundreds of other ones. Old Westerns and the science stuff are my favorites along with music shows, especially blue grass. Maybe you should try Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just have over the air TV and it works okay for me. So sometimes I watch whatever is on. One good thing about moving from the fiver to the Bungalow is that I do clean things out every time. I heard you were going to be getting some brutal weather. Isn't there a fire near you also?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you really don't like that package, call them back and talk to them about it. I've gotten the large packages as an intro special, but I always cancel it and do only the basic, plain cable channels. It's pretty much all I watch. I do like some of the others, especially the home improvement and some of the movie channels, but not enough to pay extra for them. I get some over the air channels sometimes in The Palms, and love it when I do. Lately I'm catching up on all the NCIS episodes. :)

    ReplyDelete