Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hot-Hot-Hot!!!

I never did like Sacramento during the summer, and the older I get the more I hate it.   Triple digits for at least the next week are not healthy for me.

I've been out twice today - early this morning I went to buy strawberries at the farmers' market, and early this afternoon to a liquor store to buy a 12 pack of Hi Life.  I have had very little in the way of alcoholic beverages for over 6 months, but the few days I had Bear I decided a beer or two might keep me calm.   Now the heat has me thirsty and while I like cold water I get pretty tired of it after a while.  I don't drink soda pop or any kinds of sweet drinks, so water or beer are my beverages of choice.

I think Jeannie and her family are arriving back in Sacramento tonight, and it will be nice to see them.   If the weather stays like this I might be tempted to take a dip in their pool one of these evenings.  I haven't been in a swimming pool for at least 10 or 12 years.  It will be nice to get back to having someone to go to the gym with as I've gotten lazy while they've been away.

UPDATE:  Last night a fire broke out on the El Dorado/Amador County line.   I camped early this week at a much higher elevation, but would have definitely had a problem with the smoke especially driving back home.  The TV cameras caught flame burning uphill and then igniting a house - I couldn't believe how quickly the house was totally ablaze.   Of all natural disasters I think fire scares me more than hurricanes or tornados, and probably earthquakes.      

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do well in those temps either! I'd be sitting in that pool for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just never thought Sacramento got that hot in the summer time. I figured it was far enough north to be a little bit cooler. It's so hard to function when it is sooo hot. We had a small fire break out just half way across the valley today but they were on it immediately and got it under control immediately. Scary to look out the window and see that. Tornadoes are the ones that really freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes these temps are driving me up the wall too. But at least I have a/c.

    I bet you will be happy to have your family come home and someone to go work out with.

    There are so many fires burning everywhere. Sure is a scary time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need a nice little place for the summer in the North Carolina Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too did not think it got that hot in Sacramento but I guess I was wrong.

    I do not know what happened to me in the last ten years but the heat has really adversely affected me. When I was a kid we didn't even turn on the a/c except to sleep at night.

    Here too the temperature has been and will continue to be in the three digit range :(

    Glad to hear your family is home and you will soon have some company when you work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so saddened to read about a fire anywhere because it usually means the destruction of homes - if not the homes of people, then surely the homes of so many innocent animals. :-(

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that I'm not in
    Sacramento. It is getting almost that hot in San Jose, but here, just 8 miles to the east and up on Mt Hamilton it's sometimes 10 degrees cooler with a nice breeze. It gets cool at night, so it's great for sleeping.

    ReplyDelete