Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Good Deed for the Day

I don't know how long it's been there, but this morning the sun was shining in the right place and I noticed a huge spiderweb in the corner of the living room - close to my recliner.  I got a paper towel intending to remove it, but when I got close to it I saw a daddy-longlegs and tons of little insects that were trapped in the web.  I could never intentionally kill a daddy-longlegs so I was hoping he would just run away when I started removing the web.  I got about half of it on my paper towel and then wondered if he was just starting his meal.  I left him half the web and the insects caught in it!  Bon Appetit!


It's a beautiful 73 degrees this morning, so I made a quick trip to the grocery.  I will need to go out this afternoon (when it is much hotter) because I have a prescription that will be ready to pick up at Costco after 2:30, and a book I requested at the library.

I'm not going to sit here another minute with the computer on my lap, nor am I going to turn on the TV to see if there is anything but crap.  (TV is desperate these days - CNN running 24 hours of Anthony Bourdain chewing his way around the world is an example of desperate!)  I'm going outside to read my book!  Happy 4th to everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I try to go by the motto "Live, and let live". But only if the critters don't bite me or do me some harm, then I fight back. Like that Raccoon that cost me thousands of dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like bugs. Regardless of how good they are. So I would have had Jim remove it and put it outside where it could spin a new web. We've found a really good radio station that sure plays some great music while I'm reading my book. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your book, that's one of my favorite ways to spend time. I need to do more of it. I like spiders since I hate flys and they catch them. But the web can't be TOO big or it does have to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy long legs are cool spiders and I also don't mind then hanging around. I haven't seen one in a long time.

    You sure had a nice cool day to sit out and read. Hope you have a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a daddy long legs spider web as well. We have not removed it because it has caught a few mosquitoes and we are just being overwhelmed with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind Daddy long legs, the eat mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete