Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 13, 2012

Languishing

I am so glad to have a cooler house now, but overall the heat is getting to me. I started out for a walk around the Park this morning but had to come back after about a mile. The coolest temperatures in Sacramento are in the mornings, so if it's too hot to walk then you can imagine what it is at 3:00 PM! It's going up to something in the vicinity of 103-106 - the forecast keeps changing. I'm not feeling well at all, so I will cut this post short and write again when the days are a bit cooler.

7 comments:

  1. Get a tread mill or a Gazelle and get your exercise indoors where it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. We had several days in the 90s and I was feeling tired and nauseated and didn't want to do much of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heat can do that to ya...easy to get too much. STAY COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I am not a hot weather person anymore either. Right now at 8:30 tonight we are sitting at 70F & will drop another 10 degrees before sunrise. It just feels sooooo good. Wished our fan was big enough to blow you down some nice cooler Canadian air. I haven't had any experience with swamp coolers but from what I have heard.....A/C is still the way to go in dealing with those high temps. A/C is what got us through our horribly hot & humid summer this year........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your temperatures are making me feel better about our CONSTANT 90's. Like you, I get out first thing in the morning and then find myself trapped inside the rest of the day.

    I've heard the swamp coolers work well unless you need to lower the humidity too and then nothing but AC will do it. Hope you are cooler inside. If not, head off to those mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even think about going outside even in the "cool" of the morning. Still too hot. Except for taking the girls out of course. But we're going from 94 today to only 68 on Wednesday. I will probably freeze. Too bad I can't share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeeez... I'll be glad when you can leave to higher ground! that is miserable...

    ReplyDelete