Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, July 1, 2012

No RV show for me today

I was up early enough to take in some of the RV show before it got too hot, but decided I wasn't interested. As I mentioned, I have no desire to look at big, feature-laden RV's - more than I want or need and certainly more than I can afford. I think I will visit some local dealers in the next few months and see what they might have on the lot - if I find a salesman I like I can always ask him or her to keep an eye out for something in the category I want. I have a small CD (and I do mean a small one) that matures in late October, and that is what I will use to pay so it doesn't make sense to look in earnest right now. Of course, if something comes along that is perfect then I will find another source of funds to raid.

Jeannie called me early to tell me that Ara had safely arrived in Frankfurt and caught another plane to her final destination. From the airport she was able to get a bus to the university area, walked past where she will be going to class, and had no trouble finding her apartment. The landlord was very friendly and helpful - with her rusty German and his minimal English, they were able to carry on a conversation and understand each other.

Since it was early we decided to go to the downtown farmer's market. The pictures of what I bought do quite do them justice.






While I had everything set out on the table, I grabbed a little of this and a little of that, two kinds of chard, spinach, zucchini, onion, mushroom, tomato, carrot, small pattypan squash, and probably more, sliced and cut them up and sauteed them, then beat two fresh eggs from the dozen I bought this morning and poured it over all the veggies in the skillet. I forgot to add a sprinkling of cayenne to the egg mixture first, so I sprinkled a tiny bit on top of the mixture after it had cooked. I got one bite that had me running for a glass of water!

Not sure if they are visible in the photos but I also bought fresh corn on the cob, cherries, a sweet basil plant, and probably other stuff I am forgetting about now. I washed, re-packed, and put it all away after I ate. I have left over chicken tenderloin, but the main course for my supper will definitely be corn on the cob along with some other fresh veggies, with chicken as a side dish!

I forgot to get ice cream on the way home so I will have to go out again. I'm really going through a lot of it lately, and it tastes so good when the weather is hot.

5 comments:

  1. The last RV show I went to had everything from really little pop-ups to the one million dollar ones. With the economy the way it is, only the less expensive and real expensive ones will sell. The in-between may not sell as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to look, even if I cannot afford them. and you never know when that "gem" will appear:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those veggies look and sound YUM! I love this time of year for all the fresh delicious produce.

    It will be fun seeing what sorts of RVs you are looking at. Glad to see you may get back on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish we had a farmer's market around here. Wish i had a cook,,,lol.
    Doesn't hurt to look at all those goodies,,go and have fun. You can "wish" with me,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh those veggies look DELICIOUS!!!
    Our farmers markets are not yet that bountiful in Wisconsin, it's a bit early in the year for a lot produce. But in this hot weather, nice crisp veggies seem to be on our mind too. I am thinking big chef's salads for supper tonight!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete