Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Friday, Jul. 13

A few current words before I backtrack to last Friday. I mentioned I looked chubby in recent pictures. Maybe chubby isn't the word I should have used, but I'm afraid it might be "matronly". Oh lord, my mother was matronly and I've become my mother!

I mentioned that the first day at the campground I met FL and LA. When FL walked by on his way to the lake we exchanged greetings and he said "I guess they call you Gypsy, don't they". Now how in the world would he have known that and I guess I was taken off guard and didn't ask him. Ok FL/Mike or Michael, if you read my blog please leave me a comment! I really wish you guys had stayed around another day or two.

Friday, July 13:
We all got up fairly early although I was by far the earliest (and I retire the earliest as well). Jeannie & Donald wanted to take the girls on the hike to Bathtub Lake, and they actually hiked all around the lake which gets a little strenuous for two little girls.



Follow the leader:


Someone's getting tired:


Jeannie and I were sitting in chairs on one side of the picnic table and couldn't see what was going on on the other side. She stood up to get something off the table and said, "You don't want to see this." I agreed I didn't want to see whatever it was, but she took pictures to document it. There is black volcanic dirt mixed with those pine needles! She has way more patience with her kids than I ever had when mine were that age. It actually makes life a lot easier.



There is no such thing (to some folks) as a camping trip without S'Mores.


It turned out to be a great day - the family did what they wanted to do and Lady and I just vegetated. Perfect!

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you all seem to having. Enjoy the young while they are young, they get old oh so quick. You have a nice family, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just looks like a grand time. Did Lady come too???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kids know how to camp. haha
    It they have to take another hike to bath tub lake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! My mom says to tell you thanks for such great blogs. She has been following you for quite awhile now.

    It's great when you can just come and go as you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also become my mother - at least in looks. Guess there's not much we can do about that. Isn't it wonderful when some of the family can do what they want to do and others can just veg. That's the way I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maryam says a camping trip without s'mores sounds horrible. haha, i love them myself, but they no longer love me back. i will just stick with chocolate. i love the great pictures. i can tell everyone really enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GYPSY EVERY RVer KNOWS WHAT A SMORE IS UNLESS THERE NEWBIES LOL (SHILOH)

    ReplyDelete
  8. (GYPSY) EVERY RVer KNOWS A SMORER UNLESS THEIR NEWBIES LOL - ALSO JUST REMEMBER THAT A LITTLE BIT OF YOU ARE IN YOUR G/Ks & ALSO G/Ks GROW UP TWICE AS FAST AS OUR OWN WE RAISED

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like Donald was taking a snooze while the girls decided to play bury your sister.

    ReplyDelete