Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 18, 2011

Making plans

I have been busy with the AAA maps and mapquest.com today, and think I have come up with a very interesting route, one that will go through some territory I haven't been through before. I will try to mix it up between US highways and interstates, plus maybe a few state routes thrown in. It looks like Monday, Aug. 1 is my estimated date of departure. For some reason I have always tried to begin a trip on a Tuesday, but broke out of that mold with my current trip and it has worked ok.

I've already asked my son to pack the car for me. I could do it and do a decent job, but my kids got their excellent skills from their dad, so why not let them do it. I'm also going to get my oldest grandson to "help" and observe, because he will have to carry on the tradition some day.

I will be seeing the internist tomorrow and hope I remember to ask for a copy of all my blood test results. Many doctors now hand you the results automatically, but I even have to ask what my blood pressure is with this one - he doesn't even tell me unless I ask. And he's a fairly young doctor! One more dental visit, and one more time to see the cardiologist and I'm outta here! Then I will have to go through so much crap just to have the next cornea transplant - EKG & bloodwork. I hope Medicare stays around for a while.

I'm feeling too good right now to be too aggravated about the medical system, but there could be a whole lot of improvement in the way things are done.

I have mentioned at least a couple of times that I might end up looking for a small Class C, or a B+ RV. I'm determined not to get too excited over the idea right now, but want to take my time looking and making sure I can live with whatever I choose to buy. Or maybe I won't buy anything at all - there is uncertainty in the country and the world right now, and uncertainty in my life as well.

I do know that I will continue to travel, I hope until I die, because for me that keeps life exciting. The kids and grandkids make life worth living, but the excitement comes from seeing new places. I won't ever be a tourist, or a museum goer, or look for local cuisines, etc., but I enjoy traveling in my own way and at my own pace. I'm well aware that I don't have the same ideas about how I want to travel as most people in the RVing world, but if I'm happy with how I do it, and I don't have anyone traveling with me to have to compromise with, then I'll just do what I like and what works best for me.

16 comments:

  1. Your last paragraph really hits home with me... Excellent excellent way to put what I have been experiencing... especially this part....

    "The kids and grandkids make life worth living, but the excitement comes from seeing new places..."

    I'm gonna copy that paragraph to my notepad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling is part of the definition of who you are.
    I've been reading you for a while as you fine tune your traveling style, and I believe you are heading in the right direction. You are one hell of a woman!! You go, Girl!!Many hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know if you will be using i-70 to pass St Louis, would love to meet up with you and you can spend the night in our fiver.That might jog some happy memories. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is worth living even for those of us who don't have "The kids and grandkids...".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traveling definitely keeps things interesting! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right - everybody needs to travel in the way they enjoy. And I am so happy to hear you aren't going to just plant yourself someplace and never travel again. That would be the sad thing. Looking forward to hearing about your trip back to CA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On your way back to Calif maybe we can meet in the middle. It sounds like you're feeling a lot better and looking ahead to traveling. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy August 1st is right around the corner and you'll be on the road again. :-)

    IF you decide to look into a little RV, take a look at the Winnebago View. I had a friend who traveled solo in one and she didn't need a toad. It was like driving a pick up truck and she could take it anywhere and park it anywhere.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! Have you looked at Casita to tow with your Highlander?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will be leaving on our wedding aniversery. We will be on the road somewhere between PA and Texas. Maybe we will run into each other somewhere, sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. More power to you Gypsy! Levonne, A Camp Host's Meanderings: An RV Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all have our reasons for traveling the way we do whether or not they're in the main stream.

    I also think there are things other than grandkids that make life worth living. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Travel keeps you feeling live! Even planning to travel is exciting. You go girl! The View is nice, but they really have a tiny sink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you plan to pass through Indianapolis, let me know...you can boondock here for a while! Would love to have you.

    I love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with your view of traveling. I don't necessarily want to sight-see as I travel along, I want to "live" in different places. And in The Palms, I can live anywhere I want for as long or short a time as I want. Love, love, love my grand kids, all five of them, but it's time to do my own thing for a while. Everyone has a different way of living, whether in a stick home or an RV.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your traveling views are my traveling views as well.

    ReplyDelete