Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm back in New York

And I am really tired. The tension of driving all day and 400+ miles in Friday traffic has taken a toll and I am bone tired this evening. I was able to successfully extract the rocking chair from the back of the SUB, and it came out so easily I wondered why I was so worried about it.

The Pet Ride seat covers arrived and were waiting for me. I knew that I paid for one and would get the 2nd free. BUT WAIT! I also got two additional pads at no additional cost, BUT WAIT - what in the world am I going to do with 4 doggie seat covers! I'm looking forward to trying one of them, and wonder how my belongings will fit in the cargo space. I will still have the front passenger seat and floor for things I need to retrieve quickly.

Lady and I are glad to be back safely. We both agree it's much more fun to drive in the early spring, late fall, and winter.

8 comments:

  1. Great that you arrived safely, though tired.

    Now maybe you can rest up for a while.

    The extra doggie seat covers might make a good gift for one of your kith and kin?

    In the summer, I intensely dislike going anywhere! Especially in the afternoons, but that is when they have Adoption Days, so I have to take my fosters to the next town on busy Saturday afternoons. I am always worried that I will have a break-down with the animals on board.

    Happy Tails, and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I missed something somehow. What are the doggie seat covers?

    Glad you're safely back in NY. Can't say I'm looking forward to four or five days of driving to SD and back during one of the hottest forecasted weeks of the year on Monday. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safely back in NY. How was the overall gas mileage? Now, you can rest and plan your next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to rest and relax for a day or two. Do you still love the Highlander? Glad the chair came out without a problem. That is so nice especially when you're tired and the nerves are shot from driving in the traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your back with family in the Empire State.I have a son in NYC but don't see us going there for a visit. No interest in all in NYC Donna and I visited in 1976 and that was enough.The rural areas are a lot better.Enjoy your summer with family and give lady a pet from us. be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gypsy, I caught that 'BUT WAIT, BUT WAIT reference from some of those hoaky TV commercials all the time. Almost all of them use that "BUT WAIT" phrase. 400 miles on a hot summer day is gruelling test of energy for anyone. Especially in traffic infested roads. You have been a busy little person lately:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pet covers are a real deal. I never believed those ads.

    I guess you could get a bigger vehicle or would more pets do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If one of your doggie seat covers gets really dirty & full of hair - you can just trash it & put on a fresh one - no need to worry about taking the hairy one to the laundramat or shaking it out & getting dog hair all over you !!! - Happy Trails - CindyL

    ReplyDelete