Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here's the low-down

I saw a cardiologist this morning and found I have MVP - mitral valve prolapse. The Dr. changed my blood pressure meds as well as put me on Crestor for cholesterol. The Crestor has something to do with the fact that I have a stent implant for a blocked artery.

I finally got someone to take my weight seriously, and he referred me to an internist who I saw this afternoon. We started out with a complete workup of blood tests and medical history, and go from there. I am sure there will be many more tests to follow. So weight loss and fatigue shouldn't be ignored, which I knew all along but couldn't seem to make anyone else understand. I have follow ups with both doctors, and I am glad they will be working together. The cardio is also in the military reserves with my son, and he travels quite a distance every 2 weeks from his regular office to see patients in this locality out of the internist's office. I know I am in good hands. No one has mentioned meds for the MVP yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed I might not need them. Hah!

As for now I am looking forward to the birthday party this Saturday, and to seeing my granddaughter and niece also. It looks like I might not be in California when Ara goes back after her summer classes. The family is planning a big camping trip in August but I guess they will do it without me.

I might just add that under the circumstances I am so glad I don't have an RV to deal with at present. Who knows what may happen in the future, but I'm intuitive enough to know it isn't the right thing for now. I've been feeling everyday like the life is slowly draining out of me, but I sure hope it isn't.

11 comments:

  1. You're problem sounds like when my thyroid quit. I hope it all works out, at least you're with family. We're in NY on Monday, still hope to see you if you're not hours away. That's the bad part, you're so close yet so far away. LOL Take care. I'm sure glad you have Doctors backing you up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found doctors to diagnose the problem. It sounds like they are on the right track and hopefully will have you feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will get it all sorted out. Not much fun when you feel drained so much. My thoughts will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear someone is running blood tests and paying attention to your symptoms. Life will be more fun if they can get you back on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time in NY, and take the proper amount of time to work through everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, it sounds like you've found some really good doctors who are willing to listen to you and find out what is wrong. I sure hope you're feeling better before too long but you've felt lousy for so long it may take awhile. So hang in there and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe now that you have found out why you don't feel good, you will feel better. I hope you enjoy your stay in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are way too young to have the life draining out of you. Eat right and exercise, and yes, have your thyroid checked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, it sounds like you are in good hands. They will pump the life right back into you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you eluded to, you are probably in the right place at the right time. Far more difficult dealing with medical issues that need serious attention when one is full timing in an RV. Sounds like you are finally in good hands now & this is your chance to take advantage of that & get things all fixed up real darn good:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that you how know what is actually going on and that you have the right support on all fronts.

    Hopefully you will be back to normal soon. Have fun at the birthday party.

    ReplyDelete