Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 18, 2011

Some things work and some don't

After spending the morning looking at and driving several vehicles, I settled on the one I wanted. But it turns out that when I ran the Kelly blue book figures for my truck, I must have selected "Retail" rather than trade-in, so of course I thought I'd be getting more than what Enterprise could pay for the truck. I would have had to finance at least a small amount, which I had determined not to do. So the deal is off.

I really wanted the vehicle I had in mind, and it's tempting to take out a short term loan plus a couple of thousand from my savings, but then I would be acting in opposition of another message I'm getting. That is, don't do it. I'm going to follow my intuition on this one, but I'm really sad about it.

It looks like I'll be heading east in my Ford truck about 25 days from now. Every stop at the diesel pump is going to make the trip less of a fun adventure and more costly. There is a reason for everything under the sun, and there's a reason for this setback.

I want to thank everyone who wrote and was so supportive. I also thank all the spirits who watch over me.

8 comments:

  1. Although gas prices are high, you are comfortable in your truck - so things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking with 25 days left, you may find a different deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add up the difference in the cost of fuel to make this trip, and see how much of a dent that makes in the difference in the cost of your desired vehicle. You might be surprised at how quickly it adds up.

    Once you have each side equal, then you can make your decision.

    Will the new vehicle allow you to stay in campgrounds overnight?

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have almost three weeks yet to maybe find something that will fit in your budget. And if not, then you are supposed to be in the truck. It will be okay. And judilyn has a good suggestion - put things down on paper and see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll get it figgered out, Gypsy! There are angels watching over you. Too bad they don't stay a little closer sometimes, though, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The right one may be waiting for you back East. You will find it,just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually you have to enter your zipcode on NADA, Kelley Blue Book, and Edmunds to look up the value, and I think you will find out that your truck is worth more in the east.

    Staying out of debt is always a good thing. Good for you, you didn't get the "I wants"!

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I assume you have tried www.realtor.com Be sure and check the box "rental." Also, try wwww.move.com I did notice that most apt that allows pets specify under 40 lbs. When does Lady's diet start?

    ReplyDelete