Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boxes everywhere!

It is getting so that I can't walk a straight line from room to room in this small apartment, nor can I make my way easily from the front door to the end of the patio. I know this will all be resolved soon, but it would drive me crazy if I wasn't a laid-back person to begin with. I am planning to go ahead and rent the storage space as of this weekend, and at least I can start moving boxes from here to there, giving me room to set up more boxes. As far as I'm concerned, the boys can start moving the furniture as well. I remember when my house in NC was empty of furniture for a couple of weeks before I left, and I had to sleep on an air mattress, so I know I can deal with it.

You may notice that I have no header picture today. I tried to load one but was informed by Blogger that is wasn't in the proper format. It's the same kind of format as every other header I've used, so I don't know what the problem is.

I sold the Lance, and I feel a lot of worries off my shoulders now. There will be those who think I should have given it more of a try, but I feel that since I had what could have been two fatal accidents before I even got back home, I don't need any more warnings or messages from the Universe. Duh, what could possibly be next. I know I did the right thing so I'm happy about it.

Now what to do about the truck. I could sell it and maybe get a more economical SUV, but I need to get to NY in May and I don't need to be stressed about selling and buying in the meantime. I might sell it in NY or somewhere on the east coast.

So there you have it - I am giving up all ideas about continuing the full time or even part time RV lifestyle. That doesn't mean my traveling days are over, and I hope to go on traveling back and forth across this gorgeous country until I die. But I will just have to find the way that suits me best, and I'm not discounting another small trailer or RV. It's just right now I'm going to take a break from it.

So how do I plan to get to NY? In my mind I can see myself staying at a campground one night and then maybe at a motel the next. I'm not crazy about the idea of motels, but I can at least watch a bit of TV and take a good shower. If the weather is good I might stay more in campgrounds, whereas if it is looking like rain or other non-camping weather, then I will opt for a motel. Now I have to think about how to organize my truck bed to carry what I need. If I could find an inexpensive used truck cap I would go for it, but otherwise I will just figure something out and I'm not going to get too worried about it.

The blog. What do I do about it? I know many readers will drop off, as many probably have so far since I'm not posting every day. That is understandable, and I thank everyone who has stayed with me so faithfully - left me your comments, moral support and suggestions. I want to continue to document my travels, so I will write something as I go along, and hopefully take a lot of pictures. I'm excited about getting back to the east, which is where I started out and which will always be "back home" to me.

So if you drop me off your list then au revoir and thanks for being with me for a while. If you decide to check back from time to time, I hope I have something worthwhile to write. It is my intention (and I hope my eyesight cooperates) to leave Sacramento in exactly one month and make the trip I've always wanted from California to the east coast.

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move and your trip east. I am still dealing with boxes.
    KOA does have "cabins" to rent, so you might look into that. Please do keep on posting, I enjoy reading your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do what is best for you. I will still follow and I agree with Roadrunner, I used to stay at the cabins in the campgrounds, some were only $35 a night. Many campgrounds have them, not only the KOA's. Have a good trip going across the country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you plan on blogging still. I enjoy all your adventures good or bad. Happy for you that you could sell the Lance quickly and hope that someday you will find the ideal RV for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People shouldn't drop off. Whenever you post, it comes up for me on my "Blogs I Follow" so whenever you post, we'll know - and read. We won't forget about you!

    Good luck - I hope you enjoy your trip East, and I look forward to sharing your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy,
    Whether you are RVing or not, you're still an important person to me. You've shared your ups and downs with your internet friends over the last several years, and I'm not giving up on you now. As your lifestyle changes, you'll still have many new adventures and I look forward to reading about them. Please keep posting.

    Good luck!
    Selene, NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be here... enjoying whatever adventure you will find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the best of luck in whatever you do. I will still be around to check in on you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, i for one, am happy that things are working out the way that you want them to. traveling, and being with family...having adventures along the way. just don't stop writing. i feel very connected with you when you write, and i do check your blog, sometimes a couple times a day.
    lots of love,
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, it's not good-bye it's just 'see ya down the road:))' I have always had you on my sidebar & that is where you will remain. Whenever you decide to post it will come right up on the top of my list. Lots of folks out here with blogs who don't travel so don't feel you have to give up blogging because you are not traveling. Heck, look at all us Snow Birds home for the summer now stuck in our sticks & bricks for another 6 months. Always enjoy your blogs Gypsy & remember, you & I go back a few years here in Blog Land:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your trip East! When you say you're staying in campgrounds does that mean that you're tenting or sleeping in your truck? I will look forward to your future travels or not depending on what you decide. Regardless, I'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have a good plan. I plan on going to Pennsylvania this summer. Who knows, maybe we will run into each other, if we do, I hope it will be a gentle bump (grin). I will be waiting to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll stay with you no matter what. I'm hoping you're in the area we're going to be in this summer. We're going up the East coast about the time you'll be there.

    I will always follow when ever you post. It would be fun to see how you do going across the USA. Be safe. Congrats on selling the Lancer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great trip Gypsy. I will chime in about "Camper Cabins". I have not stayed in them but I have checked them out and found them very nice. They are cheap and still offer the "camping" experience. Many state parks have them now as well as commercial campgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you were able to sell your Lance. Like others have said you will find what ever it is you need or want. I have a small class c that only has made it out of the carport once this winter. I leave Sunday for Lakeside, AZ and the motor home stays here. With the price of gas thats a good thing for now.
    I will still follow your blog as I want to see where you go and what you find.
    Be safe in all your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If people drop your blog it is their loss. I for one will be with you till there are no more. Your the one that talked me into changing sites, and it is the best move I have ever made. I love all three of your blogs. I have read the one from Ireland twice. Could be because I am Irish or just because it is so darned interesting. Always look forward to your next blog. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll still be here, looking for tales of your travels, Gyspy.
    It should be an interesting trip.

    I hope that you don't have to give up Lady, she is protection just being there with you. She will just have to learn not to cut in front of you.
    Happy Tails to Lady, and Happy Trails to you. Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  17. You ain't going to get rid of me that easily, girl! Life is funny - I just had this conversation with a dear friend - she thought she wanted another RV and almost bought one. But then decided that she could still travel without an RV and be just as happy. That is what is important - that you are happy. Looking forward to your life on the road.

    ReplyDelete