Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quick update

If I was to have written this the evening of my surgery (Tuesday) it would have said:

IT HURTS! I LOOK TERRIBLE AND FEEL WORSE.

By yesterday afternoon things had greatly improved. The post-op showed that the cornea was adhering - one of the biggest potential problems, it seems. The Dr. said everything looks fine and I will be seeing him again March 3.

If I cover my good eye I can see shapes which are getting more clear all the time, although I still don't see any detail with that eye.

I'll write more either later today or tomorrow. This is the first time I've turned my computer on, and the first time I've used my reading glasses. Other than feeling really tired (maybe because of the pain medication I'm taking) I feel great. And speaking of pain, I would call it that rather than "discomfort". Msybe it's because I'm getting older but I felt more pain than I expected to, especially during the surgical process. Oh well, it's past me now and I'm just going to concentrate on getting better every day. I hope that when I have the other eye done I can be completely "out" or at least more sedated.

I have lots of thoughts to pass along, but will hold them for later.

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with recovery Gypsy. I hope all will be OK soon and you'll be on your way to have fun in your camper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Just don't over do with using that eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest. Listen to music. Pet the dog. Just don't overuse your eyes. You are on the way to better times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got through it OK. Just take it easy, you have earned it. Rest your eyes until all is healed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are on the road to recovery Gypsy. Take care of that eye, your eyesight is so valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad recovery is going well for you. Been thinking about you a lot. Sounds like everything went as planned. That is great...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're doing well and have one under your belt! Hope your eyesight will come back and you'll see better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great to hear from you, Gypsy. So glad that the surgery is over.
    I am also happy that there is an improvement in your sight after what you went through.

    Please just rest and take it easy.
    Hoping that Lady knows there is something different, and that you need to be quiet.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the surgery went well, rest now and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are feeling better. It will get better every day. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now ... listen to everyone and turn off your computer and go rest your eyes!

    LOL


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to hear you are doing well. Sending you good thoughts for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One down, one to go, then you can get out there and do what ever you want to do. Then you will have to decide what it is that you want to do. Whatever it is, it will be wonderful. Best wishes to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suregies are no fun. Now just relax during your recovery!

    ReplyDelete