Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cloudy skies

After a really nice week, weather wise, the clouds are beginning to roll in for the coming week of rain. I went out to look at the evening sky and all I could see is the Moon and Jupiter. I was armed with information of what to look for that I got from a great website provided by Al of the Bayfield Bunch, but the clouds will mean I'll have to wait at least another week.

I have been trying to get things cleaned up before next week, and I started out the door with a bag of recycling. I came back in as I thought I would take the dog with me - the recycling bin is way in the back of the apartment complex, and I know she loves to go back there - new and different dog pee to sniff! As she got up from the tiny little space she loves to scrunch up in, she walked past the coffee table where I had set a glass of beer, and of course, that huge tail of hers was wagging and knocked the glass on the carpet. I soaked up what I could with paper towels, and when we got back she went to work on the rest. That dog will lick up beer just as quickly as she will lick bacon grease off the floor.

Six weeks before I'm out of here, and I have no idea where I will go at that time, and I'm feeling overwhelmed at all I the things I have to do, pack, clean, etc. Everything is in such a state of disarray right now, and it won't be any easier to tackle when I'm recovering from surgery, but I can't stay focused long enough now to do anything.

In anticipation of successful surgery I've put two books on order from the library. I hope they come in by tomorrow or else someone will have to pick them up for me.

I hope to be back online with an update, maybe by Thursday.

(Just an afterthought: I have spilled beer before and Lady has never bothered with it or tried to lick it up. I think she knew I was upset with her for knocking it on the floor, and she was just trying to help me out and make everything ok again. Whatta doggie!)

10 comments:

  1. Lesson learned...finish the beer before taking the dog out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good girl. Lady I mean. And once again, relax, things will come together just fine. One thing at a time - like giving us an update as soon as you feel well enough. That's the important thing. We'll be thinking of you with lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your surgery and hope you will be reading all those books real soon. Don't worry about what has to be done in the future. Just do what you can today, tomorrow will take care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything goes well for you with the surgery. You sure do deserve a break. We will all be rooting for you.

    Good girl Lady.... Rusty licks, bites, jumps on, anything and everything before it even hits the floor. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be thinking of you Gypsy. Hope goes well and you'll be back home resting and reading,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck on your surgery. Everything else will be waiting for you so don't worry, it will all come together.
    Praying for a fast recovery and steady hands on the MD's and RN's
    Nancy & Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh how does that saying go?

    Don't go crying over spilt beer? LOL

    Good Lady for helping you clean it all up. Whatta dog!

    Good luck on the surgery, we are all praying for you.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Gypsy, I somehow missed this post but found it while double checking my right hand column this morning. Soon this eye surgery will be in the past & you will be off to bigger & better things. More road trips, more camping & good times spent with Mother Nature. Lots of Neat-0 stuff to look forward to. You go girl:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't imagine life without those sweet little furballs!

    ReplyDelete