Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lady is legal again

I'd hate to say how far behind I was in getting the rabies shot for Lady. I wasn't too worried, because I don't believe the protection for anything ends abruptly on the day it expires (except for warranties, of course), and she is an indoor dog for the most part. But just to become a law-abiding citizen again, I took her to Western Feed and Pet Supplies this morning, and for $11 got the 3-yr. shot. I had to put her age on the form and realized she is about 9 yrs old!

I am the same way when it comes to innoculations for myself - the fewer you get the better off you are. At least it works for me, and I haven't gotten a shot for anything in years.

The temps are in the 70's this weekend, and I planned to spend the day in my lounge chair on the patio. With all the TV's blaring the pre-game babble I couldn't hear myself think, so I came back indoors where I needed to turn on my little electric heater. Ridiculous, isn't it. Is there anyone who understands that not everyone is interested in sports?

I'm starting to consider where I would like to live on a permanent basis. I can always travel, and it no longer matters to me what I drive or what kind of lodgings I use in the process. If I choose New York, then I would undoubtedly spend winters in Sacramento and the west.

9 comments:

  1. I totally agree about not wanting to hear the hoopla about games etc. and I am glad Cliff agrees. As a matter of fact, the TV goes off as soon as Sports comes on! We might be in the minority though ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big sports fan either, but the Pittsburg Steelers have always been my oldest son's favorite team. So, I will have the game on tonight, in the background, so I can either commiserate or be happy with him. :) I speak to him the most often of all my kids.

    As for your living dilemma, if you choose NY, how are you going to spend the winters in Sacramento? Have places on both sides of the country??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll watch the game but I could really care less who wins. And I'm definitely not watching of the pre-game, pre-game, stuff. Lady is the same age as Scooter. I need to check her records and find out when she needs another shot. I think we're good for another year but I really have trouble keeping track of that stuff any more.

    Can you find an apt with a month to month lease in Sacramento?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I thought I was the only person in the whole world who does not care for sports. How encouraging it is to know there may actually be 5 or 6 of us now. Jock talk, pre & post game babble. Puleeeeezzzz!!!! We have never bought into all those shots for this & shots for that mentality either. That goes for ourselves & our dogs. We have had a lot of problem free years. Winters in the southwest & summers in the north east....yep, that's what we do:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add one more that isn't into sports. I was out driving and there was hardly any traffic. At least it gets everyone off the roads during the game.
    I took Angel to the SPCA for her shot for only $6.00. a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In response to a question from Judy about where I will stay if I move to NY and visit CA during the winter. I have 3 kids and 3 siblings in California, and I should be able to mooch off them for a couple weeks each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on not having any shots. Too bad the law makes us give shots to our dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With you on both fronts. Haven't had any shots in years and haven't watched or listened to or read about sports in ages. Definitely gets my dander up when folks with the outside entertainment set ups turn it up and force it on everyone within miles. Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon. :-)

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't care for sports either.

    The Puppy Bowl was on Animal Planet at the same time. At least the puppies weren't being paid some unearthly amount to kick the ball around!

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX.
    www.pennys-tuppence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete