Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, February 20, 2011

In need of comfort food!

I made a quick trip to the grocery this morning to pick up milk, and came home with 4 bags of groceries. Included were: a pkg of Oreos; a loaf of Cinnabon bread; bag of pretzel rods; bag of tortilla chips; and a few other staples. The oreos have almost ruined my appetite for dinner, but I already thawed chicken so I will go ahead and cook it. I also got a bag of sugar to make my hummer friends their nectar. I'm tired of sharing my organic sugar with them.

I also got cornstarch as I plan to make a lemon meringue pie before the lemons go bad. Normally I don't eat sweets but there are just some things I crave once in a while!

Nothing else today - it's been a lazy and uneventful day here.

8 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you went to the store on an empty stomach! Sometimes we just have to endulge our whims...we deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are certain times when I don't let Jim go to the grocery store because he gets cravings like that. I live with those cravings 24 hours a day but his are only sometimes.

    The hummers around here are really sucking down our nectar. And I feel bad when we go someplace because they have to find another feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to both of you - well, it is not snowing, but we had a very windy and rainy day in Northern Indiana. We do not have school tomorrow because it is President's Day. We will go longer this school year because we had 3 snow days. I hope all is going well. Nancy Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lock me & that bag of Oreo cookies in a closet please.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just have to have some "comfort". Enjoy.

    Selene, NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are probably reading about all the food we have been having. Maybe it makes you hungry! When we leave here, we need to do something about this.
    We are headed to Ca.next week. If we get anywhere near your area, will give you a shout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. Lemon anything is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you if you don't eat sweets very often. Oreos aren't for me but I can eat chocolate chip cookie dough before I even get them baked. I have a terminal sweet tooth and controlling it is almost a full time job.

    Enjoy!!

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete