Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Embarassing myself at Costco

Jeannie, Donald and the girls picked me up this afternoon because they knew I needed to go to Costco to get some eyedrops. I went to the pharmacy and then to look for them. I could swear I saw Donald pushing a cart with a couple of kids, and he was going so fast I couldn't catch up with him. I kept following him and even called out a couple of times. The guy seemed to go faster when I did that. When I eventually got close enough to see it wasn't Donald I was so embarrassed I just turned around and split. When I finally found my family I told them they should keep an eye on me.

The eyedrops were for my "good" eye, and they didn't have them. I'll have to go back to Costco again on Monday or Tuesday, so I hope I will be ok for driving by then. This has been a very long ordeal for me, nearly a year since my second cataract operation. Patience isn't my strong suit, but I'm trying.

I am gratified by the response from some of the readers who have said they are organ donors. Like Jeannie of Where's Eldo I have the organ donor designation on my driver's license, and just hope there is something usable by the time I expire!

I sure wish Lady didn't aggravate me like she does. When we go out in pouring rain she inevitably has to sniff longer and in more spots than usual, or she sees another dog in the distance and completely forgets what she's out there for. I'm probably not as nice to her as I should be, but I just can't stand around in the cold wind and rain. I notice I feel the cold much more lately than I normally do. Maybe it has something to do with having surgery, but whatever it is, she is stuck with me for now.

I bought two new pair of sandals to wear with all those capris I bought last summer - that is, if it ever gets warm enough to wear capris. The sandals are made by a company in Buford, GA called Okabashi, and were delivered yesterday. They have tons of flip flops plus sandals, (also men's sandals) and supposedly they are reflexology based, supportive footbed, 100% recyclable (in fact you can send them back to the company and they will take care of the recycling). They are anti-microbial, slip resistant, and dishwasher safe. I never thought of putting a pair of sandals in the dishwasher, but I guess you could. They are inexpensive, $15 for 1 pair and the other was on sale for $10. I think I'm going to love them, and the best part is that they are made in the USA!

7 comments:

  1. We may soon see you on 'You Tube' or America's Funniest Home Videos if Costco releases it's surveillence camera tapes. Lady chases after man shouting frantically as he quickly hurries through the store with kids in tow to get away. Coming soon to a theater near you:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this one. I'm always doing something like that - there's someone beside me and I'm just rattling on and on and then I figure out that Jim or my sister have disappeared and this poor person has no idea what I'm talking about. Oh well. But I do like the Bayfield Bunch's idea of a movie.

    Organ donation is a wonderful thing. One of our RV friends is going to donate his whole body to science when he dies. That's something for me to think about.

    Hope this is the beginning of the end of your eye problems. Time for you to feel and see good again.

    I sometimes get really impatient with Scooter because when I take her out she just mosey alongs smelling every rock and piece of sand and it drives me crazy. But I figure her job here on earth is to teach me patience so it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a law of nature that the more in a rush you are, the longer it will take your dog to do it's business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep , when I was first married, my wife and I were at the super market. We split the list up and she went one way and I another. I got done with my part and found her bending over the fresh fruit bin. Gave her a pinch on the butt. It wasn't my wife :)

    Take your time , sounds like you are making great progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is something written in the "dog code" that when the weather is miserable...one must take extra long to do their business! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That guy maade the mistake of not letting a pretty girl catch him. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool find regarding an American made product Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete