Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 7, 2019

Tired from the Weekend!

The weekend has been pretty busy for me, especially since Ara is here for a week.  Her mom threw a fantastic 30th birthday party for her and I've never seen such gorgeous decorations, mostly with a "30" theme.  Of course Donald made a prize-winning cake! 

Yesterday Jeannie and the 3 girls came over and stayed for the day, just "hanging out".   Yesterday we worked the Sunday NYT puzzle together which is always so much fun.  At one point Auti asked me "How do you know so many words?"  I told her that when she is my age she will probably know many more words than I do now.  She and I are both voracious readers, and that does seem to help increase one's vocabulary.

I'm pretty tired out today and haven't done very much so far.  If I didn't have the dog I would have gone back to bed for the day, although Rocky and I have both snoozed on the couch for a while. 

I have a renewed eagerness to see my garden thrive.  I mentioned that all the seeds I planted in two big starter trays have not resulted in one single tiny leaf popping up.  Last night the puppy from next door, my niece's puppy,  came over to play.  It didn't take but a few minutes for me to send him back.  He has the unbounded energy of a 5-6 month old puppy, and I noticed even Rocky trying to correct him a couple of times to keep him from getting into trouble.  He turned over one of my seed starter trays (about 75 little sections were planted) and I had dirt all over the deck;  then the little monster tried to chew the starter tray and I've had to throw it out.  But the seeds I planted in the garden are coming up, and as I started out to say, I can actually see rows of little plants.  I was almost despondent when I planted them, and didn't even bother to write down what was planted where.  It should be a fun guessing game as they grow.

I see the oncologist tomorrow and was looking over the results of the blood tests done a few days ago.  Everything looks excellent except I'm low on sodium.  I don't know why that is because I've never given up salt although I'm conscious to taste as I salt so as to not use too much.   Maybe sodium levels don't have anything to do with how much salt is in the food.   I still can't understand why I am so exhausted all the time.

 Have a good week, everyone. 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. See Rocky was trying to protect your plants. He remembered you didn't like when he messed them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky is turning into a really good dog, although he still has at least 6 months' more maturing to do.

      Delete
  2. For some reason I thought Ara was much younger...with that said I would love to once again be her age...an impossibility, I know. Please wish her a Happy Belated Birthday!

    I did not know your niece lived so close to you, did she not come over with her puppy? If so why did she not discipline him?

    I am glad that many of the seedlings you planted are coming up. Good luck with your doctor's visit tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ara was born shortly before Jeannie's 17th birthday! I can't believe that 30 years has passed!

      My niece lives next door although she wasn't home when my granddaughter Arianna, who loves all animals, went over and asked her cousin if she could bring Bolo over. I guess Rocky was like that at 6 months, but I don't remember him being that destructive.

      I am so glad the seedlings are coming up in the garden. I think I planted a lot of leafy greens - spinach and kale. All the swiss chard seeds I had were destroyed by the puppy, and that is my absolute favorite vegetable! I need to order some more and get them into the ground quickly.

      Delete
  3. You might try a daily Ensure or Boost,(the highest protein) and hydration fluids i.e Gatorade (I drink other brands). These two remedies are helping me. Even my stiffness and pain levels have eased and this has given me a new attitude and hope for the future. Give them a try, Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete