Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 25, 2019

Answers

I'd like to say thanks those who responded to the questions I had in my last post.  I am planning to try the lentils within the next couple of days.

Rocky and I took our usual 4 block walk a few minutes ago.  He did so well on the final block - I guess he just needs to settle down a bit for the first part, although I'm going to try to get him to do it correctly from the time we go out the door.  I think a big part of the problem is me - I am not the most consistent person on the planet, and tend to be too easy going and lenient.
   
I'm going to cook lentils this afternoon (or maybe tomorrow), and I'll let you know how it turns out.  It will be a new taste for me and I'm eager to try them, although I don't cook very often these days.  Costco has such an amazing array of foods/meals that just have to be put into the oven or heated on the stove.  I've gotten lazy about cooking things from scratch.

As for my garden, I don't have the energy to get out there and work on it the past few days.  Grass is growing faster than I can pull it, and I don't understand why I didn't have a grass problem with the first garden square - the one with tomatoes and zucchini (as well as the marigolds).  The marigolds seem to be the best crop yet!  The second blooming is absolutely gorgeous.  They are now twice the size they were when they first bloomed.  I can take photos of them, but when I try to transfer them from my phone to the computer, I just can't make it happen.

I'm not sure if I covered all the questions in my last post, but I think I have.  Rocky and I have been feeling a little "off" today, so I hope things improve over the weekend, and a good weekend for all of you!

9 comments:

  1. Every now and then one has to put up with those "off" days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I didn't have so many "nows"! Take care, and regards to your wife.

      Delete
  2. I meant to ask yesterday or what ever day that was about your pictures. I know we all have different set ups and different computers but sometimes when transfering pictures mine will go to downloads instead of pictures folder. So if you have that function look there you may find your photos. Just a shot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll double check it. I've looked just about everywhere on my computer and haven't found them yet.

      Delete
  3. I think I have mentioned before that we have had three Labs (one Black and two Yellow). Labradors are extremely loyal and live to please their owners.

    When training a Lab the owner must be consistent with the training and use the same terms such as: sit, stay and come. We worked everyday on this when our Black Lab was Rocky's same age. She ended up being the most obedient of the three. I say all this to say, keep on keeping on with Rocky and he will be your most loyal friend and very obedient. Good luck.

    One one point in time, we had seven Labs in our immediate family. Someplace I have a photo of them all sitting in a row wearing sunglasses and matching scarves. A good memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just picture all those labs! What a joyous household you must have had - labs see the best in every situation, in my experience. How in the world did you feed that many labs?

      I'm trying to be consistent with commands, and in most cases it is working. He really does try, but can get distracted.

      I would love to see that photo of the 7 labs in glasses!

      Delete
  4. Arrowhead Gramma, sure would like to see that row of beauties. Labs are so Tops in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How close are you to Durango? My brother lives there and haven't heard from him in awhile. that is one BIG snowfall. I'm not a bit comfortable with winter weather, so that means being uncomfortable for the next several months. Old age caused this issue for I used to love the snows in earlier times. Be safe and careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sacramento is not close to Colorado at all. I love to think of being in the snow, but in reality I think I've passed my winter-weather days. I really dislike the hot Sacramento weather also, but thankfully it should be over with for a few months. The winds forecasted in CA are really frightening and I sure hope they don't whip up more fires.

      Delete