Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 11, 2019

Sitting in my yard!

I am sitting outside because I have a cleaner today.  I decided to hire someone to clean my house once a month, and today is the first day.  Next time she will be here is the day before my brother and sister-in-law arrive, so I will feel better about the house when they are here.

I have never had a cleaning service before and I think I'm going to love it.  I  have to keep Rocky out of the way, so that's why we are in the back yard.  The weather is gorgeous today, and my granddaughter (Ara) is here to take me to get my hair trimmed this afternoon.  Life is good.

I got back from having my hair cut and think it looks great.  The cleaning people are still here and my granddaughters and I are sitting on the deck with the dog.   Ara leaves tomorrow and we will all miss her so much.  She and Rocky have bonded!

Weekend coming up - hope you all can enjoy it.

 

7 comments:

  1. Good for you to have a cleaning service. After trying to get my fall cleaning done I have been thinking about hiring also. By the way I still haven't finished.

    So nice to have your granddaughters with you today and then get a ride to get a hair cut.

    Enjoy your clean house and have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fresh look and smell of a house that's just been cleaned. I just can't keep up with things anymore and plan to have this woman & her boyfriend (?) come once a month to do it for me.

      Delete
  2. I have a cleaning lady who comes two times a month. I feel very pampered. It is so nice to have a clean house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice, and this couple did a much more thorough job than I ever could.

      Delete
  3. At times I feel guilty having the "girls" come to clean, but it is so nice to have it done properly and yes the house always smells wonderful when they are finished. I am no longer able to vacuum the stairs down to the basement level and up to the second floor of the house, etc. so they do it for me. Enjoy this pleasure as you have certainly earned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I guess I have earned it, but I still have a little nagging feeling that I should be able to do it all. By having a cleaner come in once a month I will still have to do the regular cleaning myself, but knowing how thoroughly they cleaned the hard to reach spaces and the places I would never do very often, makes me feel good about it.

      Delete
  4. I must say that I feel a little bit envious but so glad you were able to hire someone. In particular that you will not have to stress when your brother and sister-in-law come to visit.

    I know you will miss Ara and all she has helped with getting Rocky trained. Hopefully, she will come back soon for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

    I need to find a gardener with a good work ethic that shows up when he says he is and that does not allow his sidekick to drink on the job. It is hard to do that here as I have found out they are on Terlingua Time even though they live in Del Rio.

    ReplyDelete