Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 21, 2019

Here's to a new week

I wanted to include this photo in my last blog, but couldn't get it to work.  I will post it here, but it certainly isn't the best photo I've ever taken.  I keep saying I want to go back to a regular camera, but when I tried it I couldn't navigate through all the steps to simply snap a picture.  Why, oh why, do things have to be so complicated.  I think they do it on purpose to make people my age feel dumb!  And I refuse to feel dumb!  (Click on photo to enlarge.)


I think we are going to have a week in the 80's and then drop back to the 70's & 60's.  I'm anxious to see what is going to do well in my garden, as most of the plants are cool-weather varieties.  The grass in my garden is growing spectacularly, and I need to get out there and pull it before it's an overwhelming job.  When I look out the back door and see it, I feel overwhelmed already!

I've noticed that in the past several years I crave sweets more than ever before.  I've always preferred salty foods, but something happened to me.  Today I watched a couple of programs that say sugar is not healthy for the brain, and lord only knows, I want to hold on to as much brain power as I can.  I already find that I can't keep a thought in my head for over a minute or two and then it flies off into the wild blue yonder!  It's going to be hard to do without ice  cream, but I'd rather retain my memory!

Here's to a good week ahead for us all.  I am thinking about the folks in the Dallas area who have been affected by the tornado yesterday, and hope they can start the recovery process soon.

11 comments:

  1. Rocky sure has grown! Totally understand where you are coming from with regards to operating hi-tech items and memory. As they say, "growing old isn't for sissies."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure isn't! I really don't like to have to change how I do things every time new versions of a product come out, or a website is constantly being changed. There is no need for that, and it encourages people to not be satisfied with anything for very long.

      Delete
  2. I don't remember things as well as I used to when I was younger. I guess we better write things down that we want to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget what I was wanting to write down while I'm getting the paper & pencil!

      Delete
    2. Ditto to this! I too forget instantly BUT yesterday I did well in my travels around town doing errands: almost anyway. Wow, Rocky, what a butt on you baby boy. Wonder what he weighs now? Chilling down here in east Tennessee, so I'm envying your warm area. Never have appreciated cold weather, shame on me.
      Caddie, aka Sissy.

      Delete
    3. I love cooler weather, and always thought Asheville had the perfect climate year around. Are you in the mountains? Rocky weighs about 65#, and I think the vet would like to see him a few pounds lighter. I admit I spoil him.
      \

      Delete
  3. Boy Rocky is huge glad he learned well walking on a leash.

    I never did have a good memory and I have to write things down quick or it's gone. I can be heading for another room for something and of course forget what it was. I've learned if I stand there for a few minutes I just might remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, you don't know how relieved I am that I'm not the only one who does things like this. I forget before I can even write it down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, what a tender picture of Rocky, I did not realize he was such a big boy!

    I am an oddball even as I child I did not crave candy, cakes, pastries or anything sweet. When I did as an adult I learned my glucose levels were high and had a higher chance of developing diabetes.

    Don't get me started on CRS I began noticing it in my mid 30's and frankly, it sometimes scares me to think I could develop early dementia or worst Alzheimer's. There is nothing I can do about it as I do not have insurance and cannot afford a Neurologist nor do we have one in town.

    I agree that taking a picture with a camera gets more complicated with the newer models. Today that I was at Walmart I could not find the camera section. I asked an associate for help and was told they only carry them online now. I suppose because most people these days use their cellphones for that purpose.

    Enjoy your cooler temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have watched a couple of youtube videos about memory problems and dementia. One of the things I decided is to take a look at my diet and cut out as much sugar as I can. While never caring so much for sweet treats in my life, it all changed in probably the last 5 years and now I crave sweets all the time. It will be difficult to change, but I'm going to try my best. My diet is mostly fruits and vegetables, and almost all are fresh (not frozen or canned) organic. With the rise in food prices I'm not sure how long I'll be able to afford organic, but if necessary I will give up something else to be able to eat organic as much as possible.

    I am not one that is obsessed with having the latest model of anything, and it really irks me that nearly every product I use, such as a camera, computer, etc., is constantly being upgraded with features I won't use and don't need. Most people don't need things being constantly upgraded, but the marketing catches them in its net! My landlady had to have a new kitchen sink fixture installed when I moved in. The dumb thing is turned sideways, so I never know which way to push or pull the handle to get the water temperature I want. What in the world is the purpose of changing the way faucets have been oriented as long as I've been alive? I think I'll take a photo of it, so look for it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROcky! He's grown so big! You sure made a good decision when you got him!

    ReplyDelete