Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 6, 2018

One more short trip

This afternoon Mike and I are driving to Maryland, where Ara will meet us.  We'll spend the night there and tomorrow morning Ara will drive me to visit my aunt who lives in Virginia.  This aunt came to the hospital when Ara was born, and after Jeannie and me, she was the third person to hold the newborn Ara.  We all go back a long way!  We will return to NY on Sunday morning, and I will start my packing for the trip back on Tuesday.

I've really enjoyed this trip, and my son and d-i-l have made sure I got to see people and places I love.  What a vacation this has been!  I'm anxious to spend the two weeks after I get back home in getting ready for whatever the surgery brings.  The thing I just don't know about is what will I eat and how will I fix it.  I may live on salads for the most part because they will require no heating, and especially for the first week or until I can hold my head up, I'd rather not deal with the stove or even the microwave.

I brought way too much stuff with me but I wanted to be prepared for whatever or wherever we went.  I brought a fairly dressy dress and silk shawl, plus dress pants and top, but never had the desire nor the opportunity to put them on.  I think it might just be part of my generation to be prepared for whatever comes; people today figure, "Oh well, if I need it I can always buy it somewhere!"

So I will wish you all a great upcoming weekend.  I don't think I will take my computer this weekend, but will try to publish one or two short blogs before I get on the train home. 

Here are three more photos I salvaged from the visit to Boston.  Two are of the monument atop Bunker Hill, and one is a view of part of the cemetery on the grounds.  I think quite a few of the burials here are of free blacks who fought in the Revolution.





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I know it will be memorable and will no doubt be our last visit.

      Delete
    2. Your reply brought back a sad memory. I remember saying good-bye to my aunt knowing fully well that it would be the last time I saw her :-(

      Delete
    3. My granddaughter, Ara, tells me to not be so negative. She is probably right - who knows, my aunt and I may both live to see another day, another visit.

      Delete
  2. "I think it might just be part of my generation to be prepared for whatever comes; people today figure, "Oh well, if I need it I can always buy it somewhere!"

    I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete