Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 27, 2018

Lots to do in the next 3 days!

Donald took me to the lab this morning to get a particular blood test required for my eye surgery.  It was quick and easy, and most of the paperwork that I need is filled out.

We came back to my house and after looking at the Dell and my Mac, he suggested I return the Dell since I am not really comfortable with it.  We boxed it all up after he cleared the machine back to its pristine shape!   It might be different in the future, but right now the screen isn't as bright as the Mac and there are several features that I just don't like.  We then tried the Seagate Drive that I bought to back up my computer and it just wouldn't work on the Mac, although it is supposed to.   It wasn't worth spending any more time on as far as I'm concerned.

Although I will keep my driver's license current, I don't intend to drive until after my surgery and until my sight returns to a better state than it's been for a long time.  So I am going to transfer the title to Jeannie and I hope we can take care of that this weekend.  I believe AAA offers DMV services at some of their locations.  I have all but stopped driving the past few months, and when I did I tried to keep within 5 miles from home or less.  I don't want to wait until someone tells me I should turn over my keys, so for now I don't have the temptation.  If the hoped-for puppy works out I will have lots of time to walk and that will be good for both of us.  Note that I'm not even sure that I will ever get another dog, but I'm keeping the option open.  

I can't believe how I'm changing back to my former self after several years of becoming a grumpy old woman.  I think a pet will do me good, and I'm even thinking about joining the dog owners across the street from time to time!   After months of complaining about the dog park, I think I might be tempted to use it once in a while in the event I get a dog.  I'm not sure what is going on with me, but I wouldn't be surprised if the cancer hasn't been working against me long before anyone realized what was happening.  I'd almost forgotten what the real "me" was like, and I'm happy to return to "me"!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy you made the move to see what was wrong with you back then and I'm really happy that you are now feeling better about things in general.

    Have yourself a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jo. I'm glad too because it's like a new lease on life. You have a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure we're all looking forward to having the "Old Marty" back. I loved your posts back in "the old days" when you were workamping, and your trial with the slide-in camper!

    A new-to-you dog will bring about unlimited opportunities to hone your photography skills. Cameras are pretty good about focusing for you, so superb eyesight isn't as necessary as formerly.

    A quick-like-a-bunny doggy will require a fast shutter speed! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of miss the old days myself, but you can't go back, can you. I think I have, and hope I have some really good days ahead of me. My daughter, her family, and I are planning a trip to go pick up a new puppy for me in October. Still in the planning stage, but we are thinking of stopping to see the Grand Canyon on our way. I have been to many National Parks but never the grand canyon, so I'm really hoping it works out. And of course, a new best forever friend in my future will be a blessing if it works out.

      Delete
  3. You are so fortunate to have a family that is willing to help you out. You sound so cheerful and positive. I hope you will soon incorporate that so longed for puppy into your life.

    ReplyDelete