Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Flip Flopping again

I keep changing my mind.  Donald came over this morning to drive me to get my haircut, and I told him I was definitely going to send the Dell back, for x, y, and z reasons.  When we got back to my house later he fooled around with the Dell and changed many of the things I dislike about it.   I am a little more comfortable with it, but it's nothing like an Apple!   That said, I might keep it to use as a backup until I get the Apple diagnosed and fixed, or else have to buy a new Apple.  

I'm so anxious to get this surgery over with.  My sight is worse today than it was yesterday, and yesterday was worse than the day before.  I hate to think of what it will be like by next Tuesday!

The heat here is awful - 101, and on its way up to 106.  The swamp cooler just can't do much of a cooling job above 90.  I've been thinking about getting a small window a/c but it would drive my electric bills sky high.  I just keep thinking about Cincinnati summers when we had no a/c.  Even the first office I worked in had no a/c!  (That was with humidity, but hot is hot and dry heat just causes one to shrivel up like a prune!

The day has flown by, and I hate to see them go so fast!  Take care, y'all and I will try to do the same.

4 comments:

  1. A small A/C unit that would only cool one room could be a Godsent particularly in your bedroom. Just curious, do you open a window just a crack at the opposite end of the house from the swamp cooler? My experience with them is it helps for some reason.

    Praying the surgery is successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I open a small kitchen window when running the cooler. An A/C wouldn't be helpful in my bedroom. For one thing, Sacramento cools down in the evening and it is rare to be the least uncomfortable when I go to bed. I open the bedroom window, and usually by morning I'm covering up with a sheet or something because of the cool air. Thanks for the good vibes regarding my surgery. I feel pretty confident about it, but to be honest, I have absolutely no control over it. I'm just trying to stay positive and am not too worried about it - I'm more worried about how I will eat, drink my coffee, etc.

      Delete
  2. I think about having to learn how to use a Mac and it would take a long time. So patience dear friend. Praying for fantastic results next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Mac is much easier and don't remember having much trouble getting used to my first one, but of course I was younger then. I'm back on my Mac now until I can get a new battery, cursor, or whatever is causing all the problems with it, and it is so clean and simple compared to the Dell. I don't like the new operating system of the Mac, but for the way I use my computer I don't have to worry about it much.

      Delete