Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A few more photos from trip

Here are more of the photos I took on the train ride back from NY.  Click on a picture to enlarge it.   I really enjoyed my approx, 7 wks with my son and his family, and a few days with Ara but I am ready to get my house in order before my eye surgery.  I saw the oncologist today and she was very happy with all the results of the blood tests - all were  in the normal range except for one, and it was very close to normal.


The first picture is of an apartment bldg just on the outskirts of Denver.  I thought it was so unusual in appearance I took a picture of it.  Can't say I like it, but then I'm not  a fan of Denver area architecture.   The newer "modern"  buildings seem  so uninspired and out of place.  I liked "Old Denver" much better but that is just a personal opinion.


Most of the following are taken along the Colorado River, and I really can't remember where Colorado turns into Utah.  The next two are photos of clouds that I liked.




 Morning sky.













I took way fewer pictures on the return trip but enjoyed the scenery nonetheless.

The cursor is jumping all over the place so it's time for me to quit.  If I find more photos to post I'll add them later.

6 comments:

  1. Your train pictures are really excellent. I never get good pictures out of the windows of a moving vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that. I was so disappointed that I never could seem to get the shot I wanted. There is such beautiful scenery especially in the far west (Sierra Nevada) but I even like the corn fields of Kansas!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures. Do you stay on the same train all the way?

    This post didn't show up it said it was lost or something like that glad it showed up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the CA Zephyr from Sacramento to Chicago, and the Lake Shore Ltd. from Chicago to Poughkeepsie, NY. I used to always go into Grand Central Station in NYC but it was so much easier this time. The train splits in Albany and part of it goes up to Boston while the section I was on goes down the Hudson River to Poughkeepsie and eventually to Grand Central. Chicago has a really nice 1st class lounge and I didn't even bother to take a walk outside. I've seen Chicago enough times although it is really nice right outside of the station.

      Delete