Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, July 23, 2018

Getting back into life tires me out!

As if all the shopping didn't wear me out, I set out this morning to get my laundry as well as some cleaning done.  I'm not finished with the cleaning by any means, but I've reached my saturation point for today and will just take it up again tomorrow.

I started reading the book I bought for Windows 10, and I can't say I've learned much yet, although it's too soon to tell.   I'm trying to find a way to show some things in list form rather than pictures or tiles, such as the "Apps list".  That is just another way of saying the "Directory" which would make more sense to me than Apps list, but people today evidently like to talk about "Apps".  I don't want a screen with a bunch of Tiles/Logos cluttering my view, and it would be much easier to find what program I'm looking for in an old-fashioned list of titles/words.  I just happen to be a "word person" rather than a "picture person".  There must not be enough of us to matter to developers of new systems and programs.

I hate to sound grumpy but I just don't like the fact that if you stop to take  a breath of fresh air, everything has changed a bit since you exhaled!

I need to spend less time on the computer, obviously.   And the heat is getting to me.  I hope you all are having an easier day than I am :-)


2 comments:

  1. If you left click on the Window icon on the bottom left of your screen, you should get a list of everything on your computer. Also, use the "Type here to search" in the lower left to answer questions. If you click the microphone, you will be able to ask a question verbally. Don't be afraid to play with your computer. I was sooo frustrated but I just kept asking questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion. It sounds like something I can do. I turned the voice off as soon as I heard it, the first day I bought the computer. For some reason I get creeped out talking to a robotic voice - a couple of my kids have Alexa and I really dislike it! I guess I'm set in my ways in some cases, and make it harder on myself!

      Delete