Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 6, 2018

I'm ready to get well!

I feel a little better but still have a ways to go.  My lungs don't hurt so bad when I cough, which is still too frequently to suit me, and I take periodic naps and rest periods throughout the day.  I'm determined to get out and to the store tomorrow - I'm nearly out of fresh foods, and also want to go to Costco this weekend.   I must be on the verge of getting much better because the grocery lists I'm making indicate I'm going to start cooking again!

I was really getting worried a few days ago because I could barely walk without stumbling, and I couldn't express a coherent thought!  I've realized it was the OTC meds, particularly Benadryl!   

I think we are looking at the next two weeks being very rainy ones for Sacramento.  I don't mind it at all as it keeps the temperatures down.  I wouldn't care if it stayed in the 60's for the rest if the year, although I know that's too much to hope for. 

I'm still loving the joy I get when I can gather all my kids & grandkids together.   The memories are still sharp in my mind even now, and I know they will linger for a long time.  I'm just sorry my oldest granddaughter (Ara) is on the other side of the country.  When I take the train to NY this summer to visit Mike & family I am determined to get to see Ara.  It would be nice if I could just go into NYC (Grand Central Station) and get the train to Philadelphia, but I could never deal with getting around NYC again.  As it is, the City will remain in my memories as one of, if not my most  favorite cities in the world, and I will figure out some way to make the trip. 

I hope I can get a good night's sleep and be ready for a full day tomorrow.   Just reading over my grocery list is making me hungry and anxious to start cooking again.  I know I'm going to be ok! 

8 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are feeling better and want to do some cooking. That's a good sign on the road to recovery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I hope I'm ready to get back to my old self!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. B. Hope you are doing well also.

      Delete
  3. You definitely sound better and more upbeat. Those great kids and grandkids are your reward for all your work and sacrifice for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to feel good again. This sure has been a bummer - to have started feeling so much better every day, and then get something like allergies!

      Delete
  4. Great news - so glad you are feeling better and ready to tackle that cooking thing again. But be patient because it's still going to take awhile for you to be totally good. Believe me, I know from experience. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm doing everything at a slow pace! I thought it was my age :~)

      Delete