Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Another weekend gone!

This train sure is going fast, but I'm holding on for dear life!

The day has been sunny but I was surprised when I stepped outside this afternoon to see if it was warm, that it was indeed cooler than I expected.  I actually wouldn't mind this year-around.

As if I hadn't gotten enough fresh air and pollen a week or so ago, I went with Jeannie to Costco, and a little later joined Donald with 5 of the kids at a very nice park that is on land where Mather AFB was years ago.  When we lived here in the 1990's, I used to watch the huge, beautiful B-52's lumbering into the airfield on my way home from work.   I really don't like airplanes at all, but that B-52 was one of the biggest, most graceful and beautiful planes I've ever seen.  Just to watch it come in for landing, slowly and descending very little at a time was exciting.  The pilots had from the mountains all the way to the Base to land it.  There were all sorts of planes in the skies near our house, and Air Force and Navy had navigational schools there.

The place is totally different now - housing everywhere, shopping centers, a sports complex, and a large park.  Jeanne & I joined Donald and 5 of the kids at the park, and hung out with them for several hours.  After a few hours I realized I was sitting outdoors and in a park, but I didn't notice my allergies acting up.  Actually, there was nothing blooming at this time, so maybe that was the reason - anything that was new growth, the grass, flowers, and trees, had already opened up.

The same tinkly music that was playing when my kids were little drove up and I bought them all an ice cream of their choice.  It's funny how some things never change, and hearing the dorky music of the ice cream truck casts its spell over kids and adults alike.

   We spent most of our time with the kids playing basketball.  (Of course I just watched!).  I need to remember to take a pillow if I ever go back - those iron benches are the most uncomfortable things I've ever sat on. 

I didn't buy much at Costco yesterday but I did pick up a pack of 12 boxes of facial tissues!   They should last my allergies for the rest of my life!  I've slept off and on today and know I'm still not back to normal.  The Mucinex has been a life saver, but I'm wary of taking much of that or anything else as I don't know how they react with the infusions for cancer that are at work in my system. 

I feel as if I could go right back to sleep, but I'd better hold on for at least a few more hours or I'll be awake all night!   

3 comments:

  1. I bet you are glad the air cleared up and you can breathe again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice to breathe! The coughing is also less severe, but my sides and stomach hurt from all the worst of the coughing.

      Delete
  2. I don't actually notice my allergies being worse inside or outside. Of course the tin box I live in is probably just like being outside anyway. Hope to get some musinex to try tomorrow. I don't cough so powerfully that my sides hurt but just all the time and am sick of it and the post nasal drip.

    ReplyDelete