Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I'm Ready!

I got the blood test done at my local lab this morning so I'm good to go for my first treatment. 

I washed some cherries this morning to pack for a snack, but I keep eating them so I hope I have enough left.  I will also take some grapes, tangerines, chips, a salad, a sandwich, and a few protein bars.  I may add some items to the list, since I usually eat a good breakfast and lunch, but nibble all the time until late afternoon.   I can count on Jeannie to help me out.  

Maybe this is how someone with anemia can gain weight as I am doing, although there is probably something else at work besides what I'm eating.  I've gained 6# in about 3 months, and could really stand to gain a few more.  I sure hope I can hold on to it.

It's a bright sunny day but we will have to wait until mid-Feb. to see more rain.   Too bad we can't order rain on alternate days and space it out.   February and possibly March are our last hopes for rain until next year.  I like the rain because nobody visits the "dog park" across the street.  The dog owners don't even try to put on a good front - they sit and talk and let their dogs run wild, barking at everything and everyone who goes by.  Ten or 15 little dogs barking at once is not a good thing for the folks who have to live nearby.  I understand that small dogs bark a lot, but no one ever makes an attempt to stop it when it gets really bad.

Enjoy your day, as I'm snacking my way through my day!

12 comments:

  1. Just finished catching up with your blog. With your positive attitude you will get through this. I love the helpful comments of readers who have gone through this treatment and offer such good advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The advice from those who have been there have really lessened my fears.

      Delete
  2. You will be well taken care of and tell them if you are uncomfortable. The time goes fast if you can take a nap. Don't stress too much, it's not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprisingly not too stressed and actually look forward to getting started. I guess there is some stress, but I hope it's the good kind. I have every hope for the treatment to be successful.

      Delete
  3. One more thing, don't drink coffee until you get your IV. And drink a large water before you get there. IV will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always drink a lot of water, but I will cut back to just 1 cup of coffee so I don't get a headache. That could ruin the entire day for me.

      Delete
  4. As the saying goes, you got this! Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I don't anticipate any problems whatsoever.

      Delete
  5. Wishing you the very best on all of this. Bright side will be no barking dogs while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I like the thought of no barking dogs, and will keep that in mind!

      Delete
  6. Wanted to wish you an easy 1st chemo. Hope the needle insertion is swift and painless. But most of all, hope the chemo does an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive thoughts. I won't be getting chemo, as the doctor assured me. Rather than giving me chemicals they will be infusing me with antibodies. I won't get nauseated, lose my hair, or any of the down sides associated with chemotherapy. At least that's what I'm told, and I've asked for them to verify it over and over.

      Delete