Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 15, 2018

I got out of the house yesterday!

Jeannie & Autumn picked me up and we spent a few hours shopping at Costco and then Bel Air grocery.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed being out among people - I was so wired I could hardly get to sleep last night.  The good feeling is carried over to this morning as well.  You know your life has changed beyond recognition when you can get such a charge out of going to Costco and the grocery store!

I need to make some hard decisions about getting out of the house most days.  I should walk, but walking in this neighborhood is depressing to me for some reason, and if I go out the front gates I will have to cross Sunrise Blvd., which means an interminable wait to get the walk light.  And then wondering if cars making right hand turns will hit you even though you have a walk light.  I just can't understand why people sitting in nice comfortable vehicles get so antsy if they have to wait a few seconds to turn right on red, or let a pedestrian have his or her right of way.   If I'm the one making the right hand turn and allowing a pedestrian to cross, the cars in back of me start honking their horns.  Where in the world is the fire, that every second sitting still is causing agony among most drivers.  End of rant!

I feel so good today and hope I get some decent news when I visit the doctor tomorrow for a follow up from last week's procedure.  One way or another, I am not letting it worry me although it still sits right in the front of my mind.

One of my sons was in Hawaii on business last week but fortunately was back home before the big scare.  I doubt we will ever know the true story of that event.

Several times a year I find myself wanting to get a dog so badly that it's all I can think of.  The yearning for a 4-legged companion (a male black labrador retriever) eventually goes away but will pop up again - that's for sure.  I can barely take care of myself much less a dog, but I still want one.  And only a male black lab will do!

I finally got dressed and here it is lunch time already!  As always, I'm hungry.

Hope you all enjoy the week ahead.


8 comments:

  1. We lost our dog several years ago and would love to have a dog, but we have so many stickers. Labs are my favorite too. They are always friendly and smiling. I am constantly petting other people's dogs.

    Glad to hear your son missed the "scare." I have become an armchair traveler these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I enjoyed traveling around the world as well as in all 50 states during my younger years, but I'm content to see it all from my armchair!

      Delete
  2. I've only ever been in a Costco once in my life and I liked it. Yes, one can sure get into a rut sitting around the house all the time. I think the longer one sits the harder it is to get out and get going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm at the point where I can hardly get up and get going.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had an enjoyable outting at the store yesterday. I have never been inside a Costco. Best of luck with your doctor tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so disappointed that my dr. appointment is moved to next Tuesday; for one thing, the results of my test aren't processed yet. I could cry.

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry Gypsy. I know first hand how it is to have to wait for test results in particular ones we deem important and then something comes along and delays them.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Ms. B. I was so disappointed but there is nothing I can do about it. I'm really not worried about the results one way or another, but I want to get the answer and then get on with my life.

      Delete